Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Bundle cannot be resolved(Kepler Version)
icon3.gif  Bundle cannot be resolved [message #1426217] Thu, 18 September 2014 12:17 Go to next message
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi all,
I have a problem with my Eclipse Kepler that report an error on the bundle for the jdbc Oracle connection.

The error is "Bundle 'com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.oracle11g2' cannot be resolved" and it's showed on the MANIFEST.MF of server side

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: org.mo.scout.Controller.server
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.mo.scout.Controller.server;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-ClassPath: .
Bundle-Activator: org.mo.scout.Controller.server.Activator
Export-Package: org.mo.scout.Controller.server,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.server.services,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.server.services.common.security,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.server.services.common.sql,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.server.services.custom.reporting,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.server.services.custom.security,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.server.services.lookup,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.server.services.process
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
 org.zeiss.mo.scout.Controller.shared,
 org.eclipse.scout.rt.server,
 org.eclipse.scout.http.servletfilter,
 org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry,
 org.eclipse.scout.jaxws216;bundle-version="2.1.6",
 org.mo.scout.Controller.itk,
 org.mo.scout.Controller.jasperlibs,
 com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.oracle11g2 
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
Import-Package: javax.servlet;version="2.4.0",
 javax.servlet.http;version="2.4.0"
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

In the tecnology section of my project I already checked the Oracle jdbc, as you can see in the image below
index.php/fa/19172/0/

When I search com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.oracle11g2 in the IDE (CTRL + SHIFT + T), I don't find nothing. Is this a valid test?

I accept suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help and explanation
  • Attachment: TechSec.PNG
    (Size: 22.99KB, Downloaded 11015 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2014 12:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bundle cannot be resolved [message #1426223 is a reply to message #1426217] Thu, 18 September 2014 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Marco,
have you tried to uncheck and check the Oracle 11g2 checkbox?
Re: Bundle cannot be resolved [message #1426227 is a reply to message #1426223] Thu, 18 September 2014 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I uncheck Oracle 11g2 and after clean/rebuild all project; after that I recheck Oracle 11g2 and again clean/rebuild all project and nothing change. The error remains
Re: Bundle cannot be resolved [message #1426279 is a reply to message #1426227] Thu, 18 September 2014 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,
other information that I think are interesting. When I try to validate "server-dev.product", the result is this
index.php/fa/19174/0/

I check also in the folder structure if the jar for com.bsiag.scout.rt.server.jdbc.oracle11g2 exists or not and I found it in the same position that is present in my Juno version: eclipse_Kepler\plugins (see images below).

index.php/fa/19175/0/
index.php/fa/19176/0/

But if I try to "Add" manually with "Plug-In Selection" form, I don't find them.

I don't remember, what is and where is the function to import the jar. Is this a valid way to solve this type of problem?

Thanks in advance for any help and explanation

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2014 14:37]

Re: Bundle cannot be resolved [message #1426407 is a reply to message #1426279] Thu, 18 September 2014 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi Marco,

This is again a problem of target platform. This has nothing to do with Kepler or Luna.

Some info to help you to understand:

Target Platform:

It contains the list of plug-ins that can be used in the current workspace (for example as dependencies for your plug-ins - defined in the manifest)

By default, you use "Running Platform". This is the list of plug-ins started by the IDE.

You can see the available target platforms in the preference page: Plug-in Development > Target Platform

Target Platform definition:

This is a XLM file with the extension: ".target"

It contains:
* A list of locations
* For each location: a list of Plug-ins or Features that should be loaded from this location.

Location can be a directory on the hard drive, an eclipse installation, a feature (group of plug-ins) or a p2 update site.

Product file:

Defines and manages all aspect of an Application:
- List of plug-ins (that are started).
- Location of the configuration file (config.ini)
- Launching parameters (JRE, arguments...)

=> In the list of plug-ins you have only plug-ins available in the current target platform of your workspace.

If you add a plug-in that is not available (if you edit the xml content of the product file manually or if you change your target platform), you will have an error marker in the list of plug-in.

When you validate (*) your product file, only the plug-ins available in the target platform are considered. This explains the error you see:

index.php/fa/19174/0/

(*) Product validation:

In the list of plug-ins you have defined in your product file, the dependencies (defined in the Manifest of each plug-in) are checked.

If a dependency is missing an error is displayed.

You can ignore the error and start the application. You will se something like this:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.scout.svg.ui.swt 4 0
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.scout.svg.ui.swt [46]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.scout.rt.client; bundle-version="[3.7.0,4.1.0)"
    -> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.scout.rt.client; bundle-version="4.0.0.20140605-0911"; singleton:="true"
       org.eclipse.scout.rt.client [77]
         Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.scout.rt.shared; bundle-version="[3.10.0,4.1.0)"; visibility:="reexport"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

If the missing dependency is crucial, the application will crash. If the depencency is only used for some functionnalities only the part of the application using the dependency will not be available.

---------

In order to be able to help you, we need to see your target platform. Can you share more information?

---------

You can not move jars from one eclipse installation into an other (eclipse IDE keeps a lot of additional metadata for each installed jar)

The best way to install this jar is to use the market place: JDBC Drivers for Eclipse Scout. (This is more or less what the IDE does when you check a Technology checkbox in the Scout Perspective).

If manipulation of checkboxes does nothing, you should see some errors in the error logs.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2014 20:46]

Re: Bundle cannot be resolved [message #1427010 is a reply to message #1426407] Fri, 19 September 2014 15:07 Go to previous message
Thank you Jeremie for your comprehensive explanation and with this great help I managed to solve this problem
Previous Topic:Setting up Scout contributor environment, target platform issues
Next Topic:Note to the "Scout/Tutorial/4.0/Minicrm/Add a form to edit the data"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:09:26 GMT 2024