Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Auto generate dependencies
Auto generate dependencies [message #1422383] Fri, 12 September 2014 19:28
anders Mising name is currently offline anders Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have imported lots of c-files into different c-projects in Eclipse CDT (v8.4.0). I have the big c-project with lots of c-files, and now want to make use of the CDT instead of maintaining the makefile system manually.

The projects contains lots of dependencies (i.e. #include of header files) inside the project structure itself and to other projects.

The indexer finds all dependencies but when i build, CDT complains about unresolved header files.

It works fine if i manually add Include paths. But it is a major work to find all dependencies manually

Also, it works fine if i use the nice feature CTRL+SHIFT+O, so that CDT puts in a relative path into the #include (e.g. (#include "../../inc/header.h"). But i don't want to change all include since there is a fixed structure in the c-files. And this is also a major manual work (creating project dependencies and pressing CTRL+SHIFT+O in each file)

Is there a automatic way so that all "Paths and Symbols" "Include paths" (in the project properties) are automatically generated? Both for dependencies inside the Project and to other projects in the workspace?

Previous Topic:Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Out-of-source auto-tools build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:22:07 GMT 2024