Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Computer crash, missing class
Computer crash, missing class [message #1418399] Sun, 07 September 2014 01:39
Tyler Shuman is currently offline Tyler ShumanFriend
I was working on a project, when my computer froze. After restarting, I started eclipse back up and there were a couple problems. The class I had been working on when the computer froze is now empty. Meanwhile every single project in the list now has a red x on it, and nearly every single class has this error "The declared package "" does not match the expected package "And then it list the package name for that particular project""

The weird thing is that the java file for the class still seems to have all the code in it, but it just won't show up in eclipse...

so what happened? how do I get eclipse back to normal?

Thanks

edit: just wanted to give a few more details. I managed to get the project I was working on fixed. I just copied the text from the java file and pasted it into eclipse...so that's working, but I'm still very confused as to how it all happened. I tried downloading the new version of eclipse and loading up the workspace on it to see if that would fix the problems, but it didn't. I still get the same error on every single class of my previous projects (oddly enough, I don't get that error on the project I'm currently working on).
Fortunately, the other projects were just old homework assignments, so I'm not too concerned with getting them fixed, but I do want to know what happened....

[Updated on: Sun, 07 September 2014 02:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Installing Eclipse via YaST2, repository?
Next Topic:How to run CoAP protocol on Windows Azure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:29:50 GMT 2024