Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Remote debugging on sun box(How do I debug an app compiled with the sun tools)
Remote debugging on sun box [message #1417486] Fri, 05 September 2014 14:57 Go to next message
David Kindig is currently offline David KindigFriend
Our organization keeps all the source code on a sun box (SunOS 5.10 to be exact) and development is done in that environment. We have a lot of vi fans of which I am not one. I would like to build my apps on the remote box and use Eclipse to debug. Unfortunately, we don't have gdbserver on out system and debugging is done with dbx if you're a command line type, or the SunStudio IDE. Is there a way to use dbx through RSE and connect it to the CDT debugging interface? I'd love to be able to just select my binary and say "debug this".
Re: Remote debugging on sun box [message #1425599 is a reply to message #1417486] Wed, 17 September 2014 14:31 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
I'm not aware of any recent support for dbx. You really would need a gdbserver to make this work. Unless you have GDB itself running on your target? If you do, you can cheat and tell eclipse to start GDB using ssh on the remote and pretend it is doing local debugging.

I don't have other suggestions.
Sorry

Marc
Previous Topic:how do I compile remote project?
Next Topic:Why am I getting this launch error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 10:35:31 GMT 2024