Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » e4 fx application simply does not start anymore
e4 fx application simply does not start anymore [message #1417447] Fri, 05 September 2014 13:04 Go to next message
Marco Descher is currently offline Marco DescherFriend
I have Luna with e(fx)clipse 1.0 and create and e4 javafx application. I don't know what I did, but now my app simply does not start anymore. I deleted the workspace, the runtime anything, re-created launch configuration from the product, and yet the only thing shown in console is nothing.

That is, something seems to get launched

marco            1780   3,4  0,8  8368640 139940   ??  S     3:03pm   0:02.36 /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -XstartOnFirstThread -Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.fx.osgi -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath /Users/marco/Development/workspaces/redsalt/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.bundle_pool/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main -launcher /Users/marco/Development/workspaces/redsalt/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.bundle_pool/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse -name Eclipse -showsplash 600 -product org.redsalt.e4fx.app.product -data /Users/marco/Development/workspaces/redsalt/../runtime-org.redsalt.e4fx.app.product.product -configuration file:/Users/marco/Development/workspaces/redsalt/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/org.redsalt.e4fx.app.product.product/ -dev file:/Users/marco/Development/workspaces/redsalt/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/org.redsalt.e4fx.app.product.product/dev.properties -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -nl de_DE -consoleLog

but thats about it, nothing happens until i press Terminate in the console view.

Any hints?! I even set up a clean new Eclipse installation ... did not work!
Re: e4 fx application simply does not start anymore [message #1417629 is a reply to message #1417447] Fri, 05 September 2014 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, fyi : I could only fix it by creating a new sample application, taking the resp. launch configuration and adapt it to the currently not running app. It seems like the fx app is only runnable when there exists the pre-configured launch configuration.
Re: e4 fx application simply does not start anymore [message #1417752 is a reply to message #1417629] Sat, 06 September 2014 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Yes never regenerate the config - it will block because dumb Eclipse is
loading SWT-Libs if you pass e.g. cocoa as ws.

Tom

On 05.09.14 22:25, Marco Descher wrote:
> Well, fyi : I could only fix it by creating a new sample application,
> taking the resp. launch configuration and adapt it to the currently not
> running app. It seems like the fx app is only runnable when there exists
> the pre-configured launch configuration.
Re: e4 fx application simply does not start anymore [message #1420052 is a reply to message #1417752] Tue, 09 September 2014 12:47 Go to previous message
Hey Tom,

thanks a lot ... just run into it again, and hoped that I got some answer on it! Removing the parameter worked out, and I also clear the config now!

thanks
Previous Topic:+1 for "Eclipse DI Feature" in "OSGi Application Projekt"
Next Topic:e(fx)clipse 1.0 failed to start fxgraph editor on Luna 4.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:32:55 GMT 2024