Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Cannot Locate Examples Guide in Help After Installing Eclipse SDK Examples
Cannot Locate Examples Guide in Help After Installing Eclipse SDK Examples [message #1415404] Tue, 02 September 2014 17:57
Michael Mast is currently offline Michael MastFriend
The Download Details page contains a section for Example Plug-ins. It states:

To install the examples, download the p2 repository zip containing the examples into a directory on disk. Select Help -> Install New Software. Select Add to add a new software site. Select Archive and specify the location of the examples p2 repository zip and Okay. You will be prompted to restart Eclipse to enable the new bundles. For information on what the examples do and how to run them, look in the "Examples Guide" section of the "Platform Plug-in Developer Guide", by selecting Help Contents from the Help menu, and choosing "Platform Plug-in Developer Guide" book from the combo box.

Running on Kepler SR2, I followed the install instructions and now when I go to Help > Install New Software... and click on "What is already installed?" I see:

Eclipse SDK Examples	             3.5.300.v20140221-1700	org.eclipse.sdk.examples.feature.group	Eclipse.org
    Eclipse Java Development Tools   3.9.2.v20140221-1700	org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group	Eclipse.org
    Eclipse Platform	             4.3.2.v20140221-1852	org.eclipse.platform.feature.group	Eclipse.org
    Eclipse SDK Examples Source	     3.5.300.v20140221-1700	org.eclipse.sdk.examples.source.feature.group	Eclipse.org

Eclipse SDK Examples Source	     3.5.300.v20140221-1700	org.eclipse.sdk.examples.source.feature.group	Eclipse.org
    Eclipse SDK Examples	     3.5.300.v20140221-1700	org.eclipse.sdk.examples.feature.group	Eclipse.org

However, when I select Help Contents form the Help menu, there is no "Platform Plug-in Developer Guide." The closest thing I could find is "Plug-in Development Environment Guide," and this lacks the "Examples Guide" section described in the above instructions.

Where is the Examples Guide?
Previous Topic:Integrated diagram/table/text editor based on Eclipse
Next Topic:Get all commits in repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:19:52 GMT 2024