Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Manipulate cells in a column(check for the next cell in a row)
Manipulate cells in a column [message #1415178] Tue, 02 September 2014 08:58 Go to next message
Alaa Agwa is currently offline Alaa AgwaFriend
Hi there ,
I'm facing a problem creating a report using BIRT . I want to write expression that checks for the next cell in a row are within two cells in the current row. For example , I want if to check the join time of the next row are within the the join time and the left time cells of the current row. how to do that in BIRT ?
Re: Manipulate cells in a column [message #1416254 is a reply to message #1415178] Thu, 04 September 2014 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question. Do you think you could explain a bit more? Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Manipulate cells in a column [message #1417426 is a reply to message #1416254] Fri, 05 September 2014 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alaa Agwa is currently offline Alaa AgwaFriend
when you design a report in BIRT , you fill the data row by row , every row doesn't see the previous or the next row to it . my report has some data that must be retrieved by comparing the rows each other . after all I've managed to do it using a scripted data source which is a java class that connects to the database , manipulates the data and pass it to the report. I don't know if there's another way to do it or not.
Re: Manipulate cells in a column [message #1417594 is a reply to message #1417426] Fri, 05 September 2014 19:01 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

That's probably your best option. You could connect with a BIRT data set, loop through that data, store it in arrays, then manipulate it in a scripted data set, but this would just be adding extra steps to what you've already done, from what it sounds like.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Difference between Grid and Label border size
Next Topic:genReport cannot find resources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:22:30 GMT 2024