Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Advice needed for a Debugger plugin(Trying to filter the stack in DebugView)
Advice needed for a Debugger plugin [message #1415086] Tue, 02 September 2014 03:56
Ghislain Nadeau is currently offline Ghislain NadeauFriend
As the title says, i'm trying to make a plugin that could filter what appears in the stack while debugging.

When you debug a deployed application on a web container using EJBs, with request filters, hibernate listeners, and alot of other overhead, it becomes complicated to have a quick view of YOUR code call stack.

The idea would be to filter directly the IStackElements that would appear, and even IThreads.
I'ld ultimately add an extension point to enable custom filtering styles (via regex, filter cglib/asm/javassist/etc.. proxies, anything else you'ld like to filter...)
Also, it could easily be generic to work with any language.

I tried several things, such as modifying the content of IProcess/IThread/IDebugTarget before it gets displayed.
I tried modifying the IDebugModelPresentation, but it seems to only modify the labels and images displayed.
Finally, i tried with the LogicalStructureDelegate, but again it only changes the way variables appears, not the stack.

Also for the last 2 things i tried, i had to bind them with the JDT debugModel, which is a bad thing since JDT already have a presentation binding.

I shouldn't have to modify the model to feed the view, since it's also used used by alot of things under the hood.
Unfortunately, the DebugView seems to use the model data directly, i haven't found a way to intercept what's going to be shown.

Any idea?
Previous Topic:Got input/output error when use System.console().readLine in org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications
Next Topic:Integrated diagram/table/text editor based on Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:21:46 GMT 2024