Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext for language editor window in non-Eclipse app(Is it possible to use xtext to create a language editor window for non-Eclipse app?)
Xtext for language editor window in non-Eclipse app [message #1414738] Mon, 01 September 2014 07:27 Go to next message
C Clauson is currently offline C ClausonFriend
Hi,

I'm interested to know--is it possible to use Xtext to create a language editor window in a Java application that is not an eclipse plugin? Are there any resources you can recommend or advice on how to do this?

Much appreciated, thanks!
Re: Xtext for language editor window in non-Eclipse app [message #1414946 is a reply to message #1414738] Mon, 01 September 2014 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
does this exclude an eclipse rich client (rcp) as well? if so i dont know any

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Xtext for language editor window in non-Eclipse app [message #1415018 is a reply to message #1414946] Mon, 01 September 2014 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C Clauson is currently offline C ClausonFriend
Christian Dietrich wrote on Mon, 01 September 2014 13:38
does this exclude an eclipse rich client (rcp) as well? if so i dont know any

I'm still learning about the architecture of the Eclipse platforms and its plugins, so I'm not quite sure how to respond. Basically if it involves just bundling an additional .jar file from Eclipse with the application, that would be no problem. The goal is to have a text window in an application (possibly an applet) with features like highlighting, code completion, etc. I might just have to do more research though...

Thanks!
Re: Xtext for language editor window in non-Eclipse app [message #1415118 is a reply to message #1415018] Tue, 02 September 2014 06:12 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
this sounds like: not possible with xtext.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Deprecation (Striking out some content) in xtext editor
Next Topic:changed layout of the composite update site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:53:05 GMT 2024