Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » No repeating Groups, if Group row has Content or height seit
No repeating Groups, if Group row has Content or height seit [message #1413708] Fri, 29 August 2014 08:31 Go to next message
Thomas P. is currently offline Thomas P.Friend
Hello,

I have a Report with a grouped table.
The group has two rows. One to generate white lines between the rows and one with the content for the group. I want to set the row heights, to reach a given layout.

If I set the row heights of the white-line-rows in the report, the white-group-row don't repeat if the group must split at the end of the page:

See Image : row_height_set.png
index.php/fa/18996/0/

If I remove the row height of the white lines the result is as expected:

See Image : row_height_not_set.png
index.php/fa/18995/0/

On the first grouprow, the page break after is set to avoid and on the second grouprow the pagebreak before is set to avoid. This seems to me most logical.

Any idea?

(see attached reports)

Thomas
Re: No repeating Groups, if Group row has Content or height seit [message #1416361 is a reply to message #1413708] Thu, 04 September 2014 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You could do this by placing your elements in a grid, removing the extra rows, and use the padding to set your 1mm space instead. This seems to solve your issue. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: No repeating Groups, if Group row has Content or height seit [message #1420547 is a reply to message #1416361] Wed, 10 September 2014 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas P. is currently offline Thomas P.Friend
This was my first approach to create the wanted layout. (Using Paddings left, top, bottom, etc). But this brought me to many other issue, because in production-use we have much more complex layouts as in this sample.
Thats why I changed the reports to none padding and add additional rows and columns to create the layout.

I think I would give it a try again only for the horizontal lines.

Thank you for this solution.

Thomas
Re: No repeating Groups, if Group row has Content or height seit [message #1434073 is a reply to message #1420547] Mon, 29 September 2014 16:21 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You're welcome. Let me know if it's not working and we can try something else.

I think you could go ahead and log a bug for this too. If you do, please post the bug info in here for future reference.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Controlling an image
Next Topic:Problem using DataSet from library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:02:54 GMT 2024