Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Installing Eclipse Luna on a 32-bit Mac running Mac OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leapard)(Mac OSX, 10.6.8, 32-bit, Mac book, Install, how to, )
icon4.gif  Installing Eclipse Luna on a 32-bit Mac running Mac OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leapard) [message #1412319] Mon, 25 August 2014 21:47
Stacey Whitmore is currently offline Stacey WhitmoreFriend
I am taking an object-oriented programming class this fall and would like to install Eclipse Luna (perhaps standard would be better..?) on my Mac Book. It has an Intel Core Duo processor; and therefore requires the 32-bit download, so I've read online. I've successfully download it and when the download finishes I click on the .gz file and this opens the app "The Unarchiver" which asks me where I want to 'extract' the files to. It has the location set to a folder named "Lbr" by default so I just go with that. I've searched online and can't find out what I need to do from here. My programmer friend uses a windows machine he could not figure out how to install it and get it running either. What do I do from here so I can open eclipse and start coding?

Previous Topic:Very confused about correct version download
Next Topic:Problem with Eclipse Luna 64bit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:23:41 GMT 2024