Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » Sample Creating OSLC Link via Browser? (302 Response)
Sample Creating OSLC Link via Browser? (302 Response) [message #1412246] Mon, 25 August 2014 16:55 Go to next message
Matt Stone is currently offline Matt StoneFriend
Would someone please point me toward or provide me with some sample JavaScript code creating a link between a resources within a consumer and an OSLC provider?

I've attempted to create a link within a browser to a DOORS requirement but I've run into a snag. I was using an XMLHtttpRequest for the request but the browser won't process the PUT because DOORS DWA responds with a HTTP 302 redirect response.

What I'm seeing appears to be an issue where the browser doesn't handle the 302 response and stops processing the request.

Ultimately what I'm trying to achieve is having a user with a browser session connect to DOORS via a DOORS OSLC SelectionDialog requiring the user to authenticate. After the user selects the desired requirement(s) I want to use the authenticated users' browser session to create references (External) links in DOORS.

Thanks,
Matt
Re: Sample Creating OSLC Link via Browser? (302 Response) [message #1412249 is a reply to message #1412246] Mon, 25 August 2014 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In hindsight, this was the wrong forum to post this in but any helpful feedback is welcome.
Re: Sample Creating OSLC Link via Browser? (302 Response) [message #1413430 is a reply to message #1412249] Thu, 28 August 2014 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Speicher is currently offline Steve SpeicherFriend

I don't have much experience with DOORS, though I do know that typically a browser will follow the 302 with a subsequent GET. You may get around this by first doing a GET (or HEAD) request and get the URL from the "Location:" header, then perform the PUT on that URL.
Re: Sample Creating OSLC Link via Browser? (302 Response) [message #1414929 is a reply to message #1413430] Mon, 01 September 2014 16:21 Go to previous message
Steve, Thank you for your response. I tried a GET but that didn't help. Please see this post on the open-services.net Forums for my explanation of the problem.
Previous Topic:StockQuote SelectionDialogs
Next Topic:org.eclipse.lyo.client.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: OSLCC004
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:07:31 GMT 2024