Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Validating a Form when not using OK-Button
Validating a Form when not using OK-Button [message #1410654] Thu, 21 August 2014 10:02 Go to next message
Lukas Steigerwald is currently offline Lukas SteigerwaldFriend
I am currently try to figure out how I could add the same form validation (in specific checking whether all mandatory fields are really filled in) that I get when hitting the OK-Button of a form in dialog mode. In my case I want to save the formData to use it later by clicking a normal button and doing my stuff in the execClick() method, but have to validate before that the exported formData really has all the mandatory fields set. The form could either be displayed in view or as a dialog. Is it possible to do so?

What I tried is to use the validateForm()-method however using this results in null-pointer exceptions. When debugging I end up somewhere in the AbstractOkButton.class even though I have not a single OKButton on the page. Eventually then the null pointer exception occurs.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 August 2014 10:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validating a Form when not using OK-Button [message #1410711 is a reply to message #1410654] Thu, 21 August 2014 12:44 Go to previous message
Judith Gull is currently offline Judith GullFriend
Hi
It should be possible to use validateForm(). Can you give us more information about the exception or a description how to reproduce this behavior?
Previous Topic:SCout ORM
Next Topic:SmartField problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:31:23 GMT 2024