Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF FORMS] VFeaturePathModelReference resolve issue
[EMF FORMS] VFeaturePathModelReference resolve issue [message #1409303] Sun, 17 August 2014 19:03 Go to next message
Alain Picard is currently offline Alain PicardFriend
Hi,

I have a view that wants to have a read-only field showing a Unit of measure from a related reference. I specify it in the view but then I get an error that we're trying to set a value outside a transaction.

In VFeaturePathModelReferenceImpl.resolve, createMissingChildren is true, which causes this code to execute:
if (createMissingChildren && child == null) {
child = EcoreUtil.create(eReference.getEReferenceType());
currentResolvedEObject.eSet(eReference, child);
}

The last line causes the exception since there is no active transactions. I believe that this should either be done with a command or not at all.

Just for test I commented that line and the following block to avoid the return and all is fine in my case, but I'm surely not fully understanding the reason for this behavior in the first place.

Thanks for your help,
Alain
Re: [EMF FORMS] VFeaturePathModelReference resolve issue [message #1409650 is a reply to message #1409303] Mon, 18 August 2014 16:13 Go to previous message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Alain,
The reason for this line is to add elements which are referenced in controls but are not yet available in the domain model.
You are totally right, that this line should be wrapped into a command.
Could you please open a bug for this.

Thank you,
Cheers,
Eugen
Previous Topic:[EMF FORMS] Apply visible issue
Next Topic:[ECP] Custom Control always in a ScrolledComposite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:09:01 GMT 2024