Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to disable BIRT sorting on stacked distribution charts(I am trying to figure out how to manipulate the xml of a report template to disable the sorting of stacked distribution charts)
How to disable BIRT sorting on stacked distribution charts [message #1408650] Fri, 15 August 2014 17:44 Go to next message
Nate Brewster is currently offline Nate BrewsterFriend
I have been working on this task for the last month or so at work. We had issues using the date-time data type in our templates and have since used string data. We get a list of data sent to us that we parse and map to a BIRT report. We modify all the XML and have templates based on what report is being generated. When we do a stacked distribution chart the sorting goes crazy. We don't even want to sort at all because the data that is given to us is already in the order we want. This works fine until we try to export a stacked distribution. Apparently BIRT tries to do some sort of ordering of the data even though it is in the correct order. This default behavior is actually ruining the order of our data and I don't know how to disable it. The solution has to be some sort of xml element that can be added to disable sorting all together or at least override it for stacked charts. Selection_14 is an example of out of order data from BIRT's default sorting and Selection_15 is an example of the same data without stacking and dates that are in order.
Re: How to disable BIRT sorting on stacked distribution charts [message #1412282 is a reply to message #1408650] Mon, 25 August 2014 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess this is beyond the scope of what people use BIRT for....
Re: How to disable BIRT sorting on stacked distribution charts [message #1429712 is a reply to message #1408650] Tue, 23 September 2014 16:28 Go to previous message
Is there anyone out there that uses this tool anymore, or someone that is equipped to help on this issue?
Previous Topic:How to load metadata from Database to BIRT
Next Topic:BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:43:18 GMT 2024