Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Gyrex » Any hints on setting up the target platform?
Any hints on setting up the target platform? [message #1407052] Mon, 11 August 2014 19:25 Go to next message
Alexander Grießer is currently offline Alexander GrießerFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member

Hey guys,
I want to get to know Gyrex sadly I wasn't able to setup a proper target platform yet using the latest stable version (1.3).
The Wiki page seems to be outdated as well, since the version mentioned there is 1.1

Using the url http://download.eclipse.org/gyrex/1.3/ it says it's missing org.apache.common.httpclient 3.1.0 to resolve org.apache.solr.client.solrj

I am using Eclipse Luna with PDE... any help would be appreciated Smile

Thanks in advance,
Alex

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2014 21:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hints on setting up the target platform [message #1407246 is a reply to message #1407052] Tue, 12 August 2014 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend
Messages: 486
Registered: July 2009
Location: San Francisco ✈ Germany
Senior Member

Hi,

On 2014-08-11 19:42:28 +0000, Alexander Grießer said:
> I want to get to know Gyrex sadly I wasn't able to setup a proper
> target platform yet using the latest stable version (1.3).
> The Wiki page seems to be outdated as well, since the version mentioned
> there is 1.1

Unfortunately, the wiki pages sometimes mention old versions but most
of the time they should still apply. Do you get this error at target
platform resolution or when starting the server?

> Using the url http://download.eclipse.org/gyrex/1.3/ it says it's
> missing org.apache.common.httpclient 3.1.0 to resolve
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj

The Solr dependency component hasn't been updated in a while. We
included a newer version of the http client in Gyrex now but missed to
update the Solr dependency to the newer version. This is planned for
one of the next iterations. Do you plan on using Solr? If not, you can
safely ignore the errors. Otherwise we should be able to find a
workaround.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxx
Re: Hints on setting up the target platform [message #1407251 is a reply to message #1407246] Tue, 12 August 2014 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Grießer is currently offline Alexander GrießerFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member

Hello Gunnar,

I get the error during target platform resolution.
For now I don't plan on using Solr but anyway I don't get a working target platform because of this error. I just tried it again on my PC at work (running Kepler), I get another error (meh, i'm to new to the forum to post links directly... http:// imgur.com/GkPigY5).
Have I done something wrong with trying to setup the target platform? I used an empty target platform and just the p2 site as you see in the screenshot...

Thanks so far,
Alex
Re: Hints on setting up the target platform [message #1407274 is a reply to message #1407251] Tue, 12 August 2014 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend
Messages: 486
Registered: July 2009
Location: San Francisco ✈ Germany
Senior Member

On 2014-08-12 07:39:05 +0000, Alexander Grießer said:

> used an empty target platform and just the p2 site as you see in the
> screenshot...

Can you try with the options as schon in the screenshot?

- uncheck "Include required software"
- check "Include all environments"

I sugest to also select the software site in the target platform editor
and click "Update" once in order ot force PDE to reload its content.


-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxx
  • Attachment: (null)
    (Size: 0.00KB, Downloaded 103 times)
Re: Hints on setting up the target platform [message #1407673 is a reply to message #1407274] Wed, 13 August 2014 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Grießer is currently offline Alexander GrießerFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member

Hi Gunnar,

yes applying the options you said worked like a charm. Thank you very much for your fast help.

Alex
Re: Hints on setting up the target platform [message #1407688 is a reply to message #1407673] Wed, 13 August 2014 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend
Messages: 486
Registered: July 2009
Location: San Francisco ✈ Germany
Senior Member

On 2014-08-13 07:20:48 +0000, Alexander Grießer said:
> yes applying the options you said worked like a charm. Thank you very
> much for your fast help.

Great! Let me know if you have other questions or feedback about the
tutorials on the wiki.

-Gunnar


--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxx
Re: Hints on setting up the target platform [message #1407812 is a reply to message #1407688] Wed, 13 August 2014 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Grießer is currently offline Alexander GrießerFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2014
Junior Member

Hi Gunnar,

I hope it's okay if I use this thread for further questions? I followed the "Develop OSGi DS" tutorial and it's all working "okay", I'm able to start up a basic server the component also starts. It noticed a lot of messages that bundles couldn't be resolved, because the guava libraries version 15 were missing. After adding this library to the target platform it works quite well, the applications (for the lack of a better name) in the RAP management console were available then. Some components didn't resolve but these were mostly tests and Solr. I noticed one bundle of jetty not resolving:
Quote:
gogo: BundleException: The bundle "org.eclipse.jetty.spdy.http.server_9.1.5.v20140505 [161]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jetty.spdy.http; version="[9.0.0,10.0.0)"


Last question for now: Is there any additional learning material beyond the tutorials in the wiki?

Alex
Re: Hints on setting up the target platform [message #1408059 is a reply to message #1407812] Thu, 14 August 2014 06:11 Go to previous message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend
Messages: 486
Registered: July 2009
Location: San Francisco ✈ Germany
Senior Member

On 2014-08-13 13:58:02 +0000, Alexander Grießer said:
> I hope it's okay if I use this thread for further questions? I followed
> the "Develop OSGi DS" tutorial and it's all working "okay", I'm able to
> start up a basic server the component also starts. It noticed a lot of
> messages that bundles couldn't be resolved, because the guava libraries
> version 15 were missing.

You are right. It's not included when using the slicer in target
platforms. I've fixed it in our maintenance builds. You should give it
a try:
http://download.eclipse.org/gyrex/1.3/maintenance/

> After adding this library to the target platform it works quite well,
> the applications (for the lack of a better name) in the RAP management
> console were available then. Some components didn't resolve but these
> were mostly tests and Solr. I noticed one bundle of jetty not resolving:
> Quote:
>> gogo: BundleException: The bundle
>> "org.eclipse.jetty.spdy.http.server_9.1.5.v20140505 [161]" could not be
>> resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package:
>> org.eclipse.jetty.spdy.http; version="[9.0.0,10.0.0)"

That's the missing SPDY package in Jetty. I believe I have a bug open
with Jetty to fix it. Will check again.

> Last question for now: Is there any additional learning material beyond
> the tutorials in the wiki?

We only have the once listed on:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Gyrex/Learning_Material

But if you let me know what you are looking for in particular, we might
be able to create additional ones.

-Gunnar


--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxx
Previous Topic:Revoke duration question
Next Topic:Blueprint/Hibernate/ECF Support
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Jun 22 13:31:28 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top