Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Suppress/filter properties in runtime
[EEF] Suppress/filter properties in runtime [message #1405351] Thu, 07 August 2014 06:43 Go to next message
Al B is currently offline Al BFriend
Is it possible for EEF to dynamically filter properties (e.g. in the extended PropertiesEditionPart)?

Our current model contains bound attributes at the abstract class level (see attached diagram), but we would like those properties to be displayed only when the container of a Link type is an ArgumentPattern type. Is there a way to handle that case scenario?

TIA!
  • Attachment: Links.png
    (Size: 47.15KB, Downloaded 116 times)
Re: [EEF] Suppress/filter properties in runtime [message #1405527 is a reply to message #1405351] Thu, 07 August 2014 14:54 Go to previous message
Al B is currently offline Al BFriend
I failed to mention that I tried to remove both the view and the component of those properties in the .components model generated by EEF, but that's an all or nothing decision for that type of object so that is not a solution.

I also specialized the LinkItemProvider.getPropertyDescriptors such that whether or not it returns those properties and it works perfect with the traditional Eclipse properties view, but EEF ignores that. It's too bad since EEF should use the semantic rules defined in the EMF Edit providers at runtime for what to show and what to hide.

The "addBusinessFilterToXYZ" method doesn't seem to be a solution either because it doesn't hide the property, it only filters what the user has to select from a list of object as the value of that property. Besides the fact that my lowerBound and upperBound properties are Text fields so "addBusinessFilterToXYZ" methods are not generated.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2014 14:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Teneo] Custom support for Hibernate/JPA annotations
Next Topic:[EMF FORMS] Rule Based Enablement TreeMasterDetail View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:30:38 GMT 2024