Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xcore generation from ant or gradle(How to generate ecore from xcore in xtext project from Ant/Gradle?)
Xcore generation from ant or gradle [message #1404853] Wed, 06 August 2014 02:29 Go to next message
Ed Staub is currently offline Ed StaubFriend
This is similar to an earlier question, but in our case we're using Ant and Gradle, instead of Maven. I have the xtext toolchain working under Ant, outside of any OSGI container, except for generation of the ecore from xcore. Can anyone explain how to run the xcore generator from outside Eclipse?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2014 02:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Xcore generation from ant or gradle [message #1405391 is a reply to message #1404853] Thu, 07 August 2014 08:38 Go to previous message
Stefan Oehme is currently offline Stefan OehmeFriend

You can use the xtext-maven-plugin or xtext-gradle-plugin. Add org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore to the plugin's dependencies. You may also need to add some transitive dependencies, since Xcore's POMs are somewhat incomplete. Then you can configure XcoreStandaloneSetup in the language configuration.

<languages>
<language>
<setup>org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.XcoreStandaloneSetup</setup>
<outputConfigurations>
<outputConfiguration>
<outputDirectory>emf-gen</outputDirectory>
</outputConfiguration>
</outputConfigurations>
</language>
</languages>

Note however that there was a problem with create/convert expressions and I don't know whether the fix is already contained in the latest Xcore release.
Previous Topic:Should I call my EMF generated validators myself in standalone mode?
Next Topic:Unable to exclude folders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 09:16:41 GMT 2024