Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse IDE Matching Variable Highlighting
Eclipse IDE Matching Variable Highlighting [message #1404676] Tue, 05 August 2014 00:02 Go to next message
Andrew McCarrick is currently offline Andrew McCarrickFriend
I'm having some trouble getting this to work... I'm working with Eclipse using the PDT (PHP Development Tools) plug-in (and the PHP part of the Aptana Studio plug-in). I am trying to get variable names to highlight when I highlight one instance of the variable name; much like is possible in Notepad++. For example, if I highlight $myVariable at one point the script, all other instances of that variables should highlight in the same script.

I've been all through the preferences menu settings (annotations, mark occurrences, etc.) and haven't been able to find out how to get this to work.
Re: Eclipse IDE Matching Variable Highlighting [message #1404691 is a reply to message #1404676] Tue, 05 August 2014 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

"mark occurrences" is generally what that feature is referred to as. The PDT forum may be more illuminating as to why it's not working as you expect.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse IDE Matching Variable Highlighting [message #1404772 is a reply to message #1404691] Tue, 05 August 2014 15:38 Go to previous message
Andrew McCarrick is currently offline Andrew McCarrickFriend
I've actually figured out that it seems to work within a PHP project... but when I open a single file that I had created previously, via NotePad++, it does not work. Seems to be tied to something with projects.
Previous Topic:Mock View Won't Display
Next Topic:Control in toolbar not customizable in perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:40:09 GMT 2024