Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Installing features into different Eclipse instance
Installing features into different Eclipse instance [message #1403962] Mon, 28 July 2014 18:02 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Hello,

I am using code cited here to install features into product. Is there a way to install features into different instance of Eclipse? Right now installation happens in running Eclipse instance from IDE, and I want to install into a build product. I can do this using director application's "-destination" argument, how would I do the same using P2 API?

Thanks,
Alex

[Updated on: Mon, 28 July 2014 18:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installing features into different Eclipse instance [message #1403978 is a reply to message #1403962] Mon, 28 July 2014 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
You need to create a ProvisioningAgent pointing at the p2 area of the instance to manipulate. From there, you need to make sure that you obtain all the services from this agent. I don't have any specific example at hand but I know PDE is doing something similar when dealing with target platforms.
To create an instance of IProvisioningAgent use the IProvisioningAgentProvider.
Re: Installing features into different Eclipse instance [message #1404249 is a reply to message #1403978] Wed, 30 July 2014 15:48 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Thanks Pascal, I got it working.
Previous Topic:Logging in headless P2 director
Next Topic:Querying for installed features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:59:22 GMT 2024