Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: bin/t(Eclipse and JBOSS)
Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: bin/t [message #1403780] Sun, 27 July 2014 09:37 Go to next message
Xavier Flamant is currently offline Xavier FlamantFriend
Hello,

I am trying to use jboss with Eclipse.

- I am on MAC

- I downloadded jboss-eap-6.2.0.zip and unzipped it

- I downloaded Eclipse Kepler and installed JBoss Tools (Kepler) 4.1.2.Final

When I try to create a new server in eclipse I have the following message error:

The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: bin/twiddle.jar

I downloaded twiddle.jar and put it in jboss-eap-6.2/bin directory but I still have the message error.

Thank you in advance for your help

Re: Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: b [message #1403788 is a reply to message #1403780] Sun, 27 July 2014 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 07/27/2014 03:37 AM, Xavier Flamant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use jboss with Eclipse.
>
> - I am on MAC
>
> - I downloadded jboss-eap-6.2.0.zip and unzipped it
>
> - I downloaded Eclipse Kepler and installed JBoss Tools (Kepler)
> 4.1.2.Final
>
> When I try to create a new server in eclipse I have the following
> message error:
>
> The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or
> folder: bin/twiddle.jar
>
> I downloaded twiddle.jar and put it in jboss-eap-6.2/bin directory but I
> still have the message error.

There are two courses of action.

First, you can talk with the JBoss community. JBoss isn't Eclipse nor
supported by it.

Second, as JBoss means "server container" and server container implies
web tools, you might post in the Eclipse web tools platform (WTP) forum.
Re: Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: b [message #1404129 is a reply to message #1403788] Tue, 29 July 2014 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier Flamant is currently offline Xavier FlamantFriend
Hello Russell and thank you for your answer.

I thought anyway that I could post this message because it is about how integrate JBOSS in ECLIPSE. I will try to confine to JBOSS Forum
Re: Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: b [message #1404144 is a reply to message #1404129] Tue, 29 July 2014 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 07/29/2014 01:45 PM, Xavier Flamant wrote:
> Hello Russell and thank you for your answer.
>
> I thought anyway that I could post this message because it is about how
> integrate JBOSS in ECLIPSE. I will try to confine to JBOSS Forum

You misunderstood. There is a forum separate from the newcomers' forum
called Eclipse WTP full of folk who might very well have the answer. Or
the JBoss forum(s).
Re: Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: b [message #1433784 is a reply to message #1404129] Mon, 29 September 2014 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manhar Reddy is currently offline Manhar ReddyFriend
am also facing the new issue,can you provide the solution what you did for your case.
Re: Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: b [message #1497537 is a reply to message #1433784] Wed, 03 December 2014 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Morgan is currently offline Peter MorganFriend
what I learned from another forum is that EAP 6.2 = AS 7

to fix the bin/twiddle.jar problem, in the previous step in the wizard choose JBoss Community -> JBoss AS 7.0.

Unfortunately for me (on Windows, at least) I then get a different error after clicking Next > :
The home directory is missing a required file or folder: modules\org\jboss\as\server\main

I'm still looking for the fix for this one... any ideas?

----------
Update:

I was successful in adding a new server to my Eclipse workspace on Windows 7 (I hope this answers the problem for MAC)

First of all, what I learned from another forum is misleading; EAP 6.2 might be associated with AS 7 but they are not the same. If you have downloaded EAP 6.2 - do not add a server from JBoss Community in Eclipse.

Solution:
Create a the server adapter in Eclipse by clicking
File -> New -> Other -> (New.. Select a wizard) +Server -> Server -> Next > (New Server) +JBoss Enterprise Middleware -> JBoss Application Platform 6.1+ -> Next >. Point the Home Directory at the JBoss installation and for the JRE pick a JDK root that is installed on your machine.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2014 15:14]

Report message to a moderator

icon7.gif  Re: Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: b [message #1697404 is a reply to message #1497537] Wed, 03 June 2015 16:36 Go to previous message
Venu Gopala Raju Gunji is currently offline Venu Gopala Raju GunjiFriend
Thank you Peter Morgan,,

The solution worked for me..

Create a the server adapter in Eclipse by clicking
File -> New -> Other -> (New.. Select a wizard) +Server -> Server -> Next > (New Server) +JBoss Enterprise Middleware -> JBoss Application Platform 6.1+ -> Next >. Point the Home Directory at the JBoss installation and for the JRE pick a JDK root that is installed on your machine
Previous Topic:Highlight and color text?
Next Topic:Steps for importing source code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:05:46 GMT 2024