Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » "No schema found for the 'org.eclipse.ui.actionSets' extension point."(Newbie trying to make com.example.helloworld plugin)
"No schema found for the 'org.eclipse.ui.actionSets' extension point." [message #1403719] Fri, 25 July 2014 14:26 Go to next message
Curtis Bryant is currently offline Curtis BryantFriend
While following the first cheat sheet under Creating an Eclipse plug-in, titled "Create a plug-in," a Java.lang.NullPointerException arose, and I'd like your help understanding the problem.

The cheat sheet has five parts. I got through the first three fine. Those are Introduction, Configure PDE, and Create the plug-in.

The fourth one, Modify the plug-in, is where the error arose. That section says,

To modify your com.example.helloworld plug-in, perform the following steps:
- Select the "Extensions" tab.
- Expand the "org.eclipse.ui.actionSets" tree dialog under the "All Extensions" heading.
- Expand the "Sample Action Set" tree dialog.
- Select the "Sample Menu" entry.

This is where the NullPointerException arose. The message at the top of the Extensions tab says, "No schema found for the 'org.eclipse.ui.actionSets' extension point." What does this mean?

A screenshot is attached.

Here are my software details:
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Luna Release (4.4.0)
Build id: 20140612-0600

jdk1.7.0_60
jre7
Windows 7

Re: "No schema found for the 'org.eclipse.ui.actionSets' extension point." [message #1752023 is a reply to message #1403719] Wed, 18 January 2017 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Pilon is currently offline Stephan PilonFriend
I had the same problem, trying to do the same tutorial, after installing:
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Neon.2 Release (4.6.2)

I can see this line in the plugin.xml file
<extension-point id="actionSets" name="%ExtPoint.actionSets" schema="schema/actionSets.exsd"/>
but I guess something has to be done to activate it

Any suggestions? Should we uninstall the EE version and install the standard version to complete this plugin tutorial?

Thanks,
Re: "No schema found for the 'org.eclipse.ui.actionSets' extension point." [message #1752035 is a reply to message #1752023] Wed, 18 January 2017 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You may have the tools for developing plug-ins installed (the Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment), but you don't necessarily have the sources and developer documentation for the Eclipse Platform installed--which is where the schema would be provided (after all, what would an end-user need it for?). From the Help menu, Install New Software wizard, install the Eclipse Platform SDK or the full Eclipse SDK from The Eclipse Projects Updates site.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: "No schema found for the 'org.eclipse.ui.actionSets' extension point." [message #1790138 is a reply to message #1752035] Tue, 05 June 2018 19:24 Go to previous message
Scott Willis is currently offline Scott WillisFriend
Using Eclipse Oxygen, from the Oxygen http://download.eclipse.org/releases/oxygen site, this appears to be currently called the Eclipse Project SDK.
Previous Topic:Regarding posting message on 4DIAC
Next Topic:Installation of mosquitto broker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:52:46 GMT 2024