Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to identify Committed but unpushed files(How to identify Committed but unpushed files)
icon14.gif  How to identify Committed but unpushed files [message #1403447] Wed, 23 July 2014 18:46 Go to next message
sakshi kaushik is currently offline sakshi kaushikFriend
Coming from SVN background, I am trying to get into GIT. I cannot find a way to identify unpushed files. All the icons on file only indicate upto committed state. But actually, as a user i want to know if I pushed my changes to common repository or not and that's like the actual commit.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2014 17:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to identify Committed but unpushed files [message #1403521 is a reply to message #1403447] Thu, 24 July 2014 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
git doesn't push based on files changed but based on the commits in your local repository
reachable from the branch you are pushing and not yet existing in the remote repository.

Open the history view and compare the commits available from your local branches (depicted as green
rectangles in the history view) and the remote tracking branches (gray rectangles). The commits which
are reachable from local branches but not from a remote tracking branch aren't yet pushed.
Ensure that the toggles "Show all changes in repository" and "Show all Branches and Tags" in the history
view are switched on so that you can see the complete version graph.

There are additional decorators on repository nodes shown in the repositories view.

If you see a repository decorated like

hello [master ↥2]

this means the current branch "master" in repository "hello" is ahead of the
branch it's tracking (e.g. origin/master) by 2 commits. I.e. there are 2 commits
on this branch which you may want to push.

If you see

hello [master ↓2]

this means the current branch "master" in repository "hello" is behind the
branch it's tracking (e.g. origin/master) by 2 commits. I.e. there are 2 commits
on the remote tracking which you may want to rebase onto.

The state of remote tracking branches might be outdated, fetch updates
from the remote repository to ensure they are synced.
Re: How to identify Committed but unpushed files [message #1405983 is a reply to message #1403521] Fri, 08 August 2014 17:41 Go to previous message
sakshi kaushik is currently offline sakshi kaushikFriend
Thank you! This was a great help!

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2014 17:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Committed changes to branch, now won't let me push upstream
Next Topic:Push a specific commit to remote repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:15:50 GMT 2024