Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins
Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403344] Wed, 23 July 2014 06:56 Go to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Messages: 61
Registered: June 2013
Member
Hi,
i want to create Mylyn queries that check our Gerrit and Jenkins for updates.
This works fine when using normal authentication, an account with Gerrit or Jenkins itself.

However, we use our Google accounts to log into the sites. Does the Oomph setup support this, and if so, how?
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403346 is a reply to message #1403344] Wed, 23 July 2014 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Messages: 61
Registered: June 2013
Member
Mylyn does support OpenId authentication with Google for task repositories, so Oomph could theoretically support this as well.
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403437 is a reply to message #1403346] Wed, 23 July 2014 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31020
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Johannes,

How does this work when you do it manually? Aren't you normally
prompted for a password? Certainly once you've been prompted, Mylyn
stores the credentials in secure storage and reuses them (and secure
storage is shared across all Eclipse instances) so you only need to do
this once...

On 23/07/2014 9:01 AM, Johannes Dorn wrote:
> Mylyn does support OpenId authentication with Google for task
> repositories, so Oomph could theoretically support this as well.
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403593 is a reply to message #1403437] Thu, 24 July 2014 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Messages: 61
Registered: June 2013
Member
Hi Ed,

when manually configuring Mylyn for a Gerrit query using Google authentication, a (browser) window pops up with the usual Google login page. There i can provide my username and keyword. When this is done, the window closes and the query gets executed.

For an Oomph setup, i would be totally fine to have that window pop up during the oomph setup.
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403791 is a reply to message #1403593] Sun, 27 July 2014 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31020
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Johannes,

I would expect such a dialog to come up automatically once you've
finished all the tasks and the query itself is run. Isn't that the case?


On 24/07/2014 4:11 PM, Johannes Dorn wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> when manually configuring Mylyn for a Gerrit query using Google
> authentication, a (browser) window pops up with the usual Google login
> page. There i can provide my username and keyword. When this is done,
> the window closes and the query gets executed.
>
> For an Oomph setup, i would be totally fine to have that window pop up
> during the oomph setup.
>
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403864 is a reply to message #1403791] Mon, 28 July 2014 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Messages: 61
Registered: June 2013
Member
No, the google authentication dialog does not pop up.
The reason is, that, in the oomph setup, there is no way for me to specify, that the connector should use google (or rather OpenId) authentication.
Maybe there is a way to specify this, but i don't know how.

If it is indeed not possible, i would humbly request as a feature the possibility to specify the authentication kind for a mylyn query.
If possible, the OpenId authentication should automatically happen with the user provided login data. If that's not possible, the authentication dialog should pop up.
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403920 is a reply to message #1403864] Mon, 28 July 2014 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31020
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Johannes,

Comments below.

On 28/07/2014 12:36 PM, Johannes Dorn wrote:
> No, the google authentication dialog does not pop up.
> The reason is, that, in the oomph setup, there is no way for me to
> specify, that the connector should use google (or rather OpenId)
> authentication.
How do you do it in the IDE manually?
> Maybe there is a way to specify this, but i don't know how.
>
> If it is indeed not possible, i would humbly request as a feature the
> possibility to specify the authentication kind for a mylyn query.
Yes, we just need to understand how this is normally done.
> If possible, the OpenId authentication should automatically happen
> with the user provided login data. If that's not possible, the
> authentication dialog should pop up.
There is some stuff in there already for a password, but I hate it. When
my password changed, it kept replacing the Mylyn-prompted password with
the one Oomph had cached. If we're going to prompt for passwords, we
should save them where the underlying technology expects to find them,
or better yet, let that technology do the prompting and saving...
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403938 is a reply to message #1403920] Mon, 28 July 2014 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Messages: 61
Registered: June 2013
Member
When setting up a new repository, you can select "OpenID Authentication" under "Additional Settings". I've attached a screenshot.
You don't have to manually type in the shown URL. Instead, the dropdown menu offers a selection of "Google Account" or "Yahoo Account" and then puts in the correct URL.

When I used these settings, the previously mentioned authentication dialog seemed to pop up for half a second but then disappeared. I was correctly logged in then. I am not sure, if this is due to the username and password i supplied during the repository creation, or because it was already stored somewhere.

http://www.codetrails.com/sites/default/files/google-authentication.jpg
Re: Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins [message #1403960 is a reply to message #1403938] Mon, 28 July 2014 17:52 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31020
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Johannes,

I don't see the attachment, but in any case, it sounds like information
needed to configure the repo, so that does need to be in the task.
Please open an enhancement request.

On 28/07/2014 6:22 PM, Johannes Dorn wrote:
> When setting up a new repository, you can select "OpenID
> Authentication" under "Additional Settings". I've attached a screenshot.
> You don't have to manually type in the shown URL. Instead, the
> dropdown menu offers a selection of "Google Account" or "Yahoo
> Account" and then puts in the correct URL.
>
> When I used these settings, the previously mentioned authentication
> dialog seemed to pop up for half a second but then disappeared. I was
> correctly logged in then. I am not sure, if this is due to the
> username and password i supplied during the repository creation, or
> because it was already stored somewhere.
>
>
Previous Topic:Setting Workspace location rule
Next Topic:Oomph doesn't show any Products
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 02 21:27:22 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06080 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top