|Re: Problem importing PSF file from oomph & questions about tartlets [message #1403432 is a reply to message #1403306]
||Wed, 23 July 2014 16:02
| Ed Merks
Registered: July 2009
You're confusing the EMF newsgroup and the Oomph newsgroup. :-P
On 22/07/2014 9:55 PM, Tamar Cohen wrote:
> Hey all
> I'm still working on my oomph setup which basically will do the
> -reference our own p2 update sites
> -clone several git repositories
> -import a subset of the projects in the git repositories into the
> -have the target platform defined by features and plugins within our
> p2 update sites
> We have a target platform defined and I have read this post about
> working with targlets:
> -When I try to use a project set file as part of a Project Set Import,
> it is trying to do this BEFORE the git clones have happened.
You can use advanced properties to create more strict ordering
dependencies, but I don't see the point of a project set import when you
have targlets which will do that job (more effectively).
> I have tried putting this project set input as a child of the
> "master" or outside of it, and either way once the new installation
> launches it is trying to import this psf (which is in a git
> repository) before that repo is cloned.
Perhaps you can explain why you're doing both? Or do you mean a
Projects Import task. I use that for a few cases where I have projects
that aren't installable units, but with component definition files in
the repo, even this could be avoided...
> - The git repositories are not showing up in my git repository view,
> despite the fact that they exist.
They should be added as a side effect of the targlet resolving projects
in your source locator.
> I had thought that based on the above referenced post that if the
> projects were imported from the git repos that they would show up, but
> even when I explicitly told Oomph to import all of the projects found
> in the git repos (which worked) there were still no git repos imported
> into my repository view.
There's a feature of Egit to connect project's to their clones
automatically. The targlet task ensures the egit.ui bundle is activated
so that this support kicks in. Are you using a targlet with a source
> - I am not clear on what I should have inside my targlet; the target
> we have built up is fairly comprehensive and complex because we have a
> lot of plugins and features. When I try to include a feature from one
> of our p2 update sites, oomph doesn't know that it is a feature and
> that fact is not editable in the properties view (does this matter)?
If you look closely at what's in a p2 update site, you'll notice that if
a feature.xml has ID a.b.c, the ID of the installable unit is
a.b.c.feature.group. So be sure you specify that. If you use Install
New Software, you can look at the details of the things it displays to
determine the installable unit ID of the thing you'd install manually
from the selection...
> Thanks so much for your help!! getting closer ...
Probably it will be worth while to look closely at what other *.setups
are doing with source locators. A good way to do that is open our own
*.setup (for which you've set the logical project container), and use
the toolbar button to show all resources in the resource set. In there
you'll see all the other registered setups from the catalogs.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02037 seconds