Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Using icons in a table
Using icons in a table [message #1403199] Tue, 22 July 2014 10:19 Go to next message
Lukas Steigerwald is currently offline Lukas SteigerwaldFriend
I just had a look at the how-to on displaying images in a table: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/4.0/Display_images_in_a_table_page
However when reaching the last step the execDecorateCell does not work as suggested by the tutorial. The getValue(row) is not a known function and the execDecorateCell has an additional input field of type IColumn<?>. The tutorial indicated it is for 3 x client, so I assume it is simply outdated towards the current 4.x version of Scout?

Is there a way to achieve the same result with the current Scout version?
Re: Using icons in a table [message #1403205 is a reply to message #1403199] Tue, 22 July 2014 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Otterbach is currently offline Matthias OtterbachFriend
Dear Lukas, please use the methods on the LogoColum itself (and not on the AbstractTable), they should still exist on the AbstractColumn class:

org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.table.columns.AbstractColumn.execDecorateCell(Cell, ITableRow)

org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.basic.table.columns.AbstractColumn.getValue(ITableRow)
Re: Using icons in a table [message #1403210 is a reply to message #1403205] Tue, 22 July 2014 11:25 Go to previous message
Lukas Steigerwald is currently offline Lukas SteigerwaldFriend
Thank you Matthias for pointing this out. I completly missed the fact that the tutorial is talking about the column and not the whole table. Now everything works perfectly.
Previous Topic:Value Field / Error handling / invalid value
Next Topic:Decorating a boolean column with SWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:16:09 GMT 2024