Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Spaces in the toolbar with custom product in eclipse 4.3(Lot of extra spaces in the toolbar when launching eclipse with custom product)
Spaces in the toolbar with custom product in eclipse 4.3 [message #1402888] Fri, 18 July 2014 08:39 Go to next message
Nischal Reddy is currently offline Nischal ReddyFriend
When using a custom product configuration, the handles which allow users to drag and drop toolbar items disappear. A number of arbitrary spaces appear too- see attached customProduct.png. When launched with standard eclipse application, the spaces disappear and the handles are present-

see the bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=438115 which has a sample custom product and set of images which show spaces.
attachedeclipseApplicationWithDraggableSeparators.png. The zip contains the custom product- it is a bare-bones product configuration.

Is this a bug in eclipse or am i doing something wrong.

P.S: I logged that bug Smile
Re: Spaces in the toolbar with custom product in eclipse 4.3 [message #1403365 is a reply to message #1402888] Wed, 23 July 2014 09:28 Go to previous message
sudhan p is currently offline sudhan pFriend
Adding this property to the product extension in plugin.xml seems to fix this issue:
<property name="applicationCSSResources"
value="platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.platform/images/">
</property>
My question is if this is a valid fix and if it is, why does it work? I tried debugging by putting a conditional breakpoint in Product.getProperty() to halt when the key is applicationCSSResources but the breakpoint was never reached. Could someone please explain how this property is consumed?
PS: I have also posted this comment in the bug- apologies for cross posting
Previous Topic:Open menu of toolItem when toolitem is clicked
Next Topic:Many Perspectives with same layout but different content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:02:28 GMT 2024