Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to set framework property?
How to set framework property? [message #1402742] Thu, 17 July 2014 12:20 Go to next message
Kris Slowinski is currently offline Kris SlowinskiFriend
Is it possible to set the osgi property similarly to
FrameworkProperties.setProperty(String, String)
in the new platform? FrameworkProperties are not present anymore and I can only get property using BundleContext object. I can of course use System.setProperty(), question is if it is the suggested solution?

(The underlying problem is the ability to provide a custom .profile file by setting the osgi.java.profile property programmatically. If there is a neat way to provide a custom .profile in the new platform that would be even better.)
Re: How to set framework property? [message #1857184 is a reply to message #1402742] Sun, 22 January 2023 18:59 Go to previous message
Yue Yang is currently offline Yue YangFriend
My source code observation is that there is a public method `setInitialProperties` in `EclipseStarter` class, which calls the private property `setProperty`. `setProperty` can call `System.setProperty`. Also, I see that configurations are managed by the attribute `equinoxConfig` of the class `EquinoxConfiguration`, which is also private. Thus, using the method `setInitialProperties` of `EclipseStarter` should be the accepted way.
Previous Topic:Lazy Activation for Fragment Contributions
Next Topic:Menu item or Toolitem mouse hover custom color change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:11:17 GMT 2024