Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » report parameters(sql query in birt plus params)
report parameters [message #1402314] Wed, 16 July 2014 21:21 Go to next message
Daniel Hudson is currently offline Daniel HudsonFriend
Hi, I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me with setting up report parameters for Date from and then Date to. I have my data set virtually done I am not sure how to finish it of, do I need to specify the date from and to in the sql query and if so how because I don't want a fixed date range hence wanting to use parameters From and To. My query looks at a column named createddate, is it possible to have two parameters for one column or do I need to find another column in the table I'm working from and use that? I normally set params by writng 'and columnname like ? Then use % in the report param as a default value and this works fine. Just struggling with this date and can't get passed it. If you could help me that would be awesome. Thanks
Re: report parameters [message #1402844 is a reply to message #1402314] Thu, 17 July 2014 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

It should be something like:

select * from table
where date between ? and ?

Then, in your parameters area of the dataset editor, you'd link your two dataset parameters to two report parameters you've created in the data explorer (you can also do this from the dataset editor by clicking on the icon next to the linked to drop down when modifying a dataset parameter).

Let me know if I misunderstood something about your issue.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: report parameters [message #1403093 is a reply to message #1402844] Mon, 21 July 2014 10:58 Go to previous message
Daniel Hudson is currently offline Daniel HudsonFriend
Hi Michael,
I that once I've created the parameters and edited the query and I run the report in efacs I get a http 500 error. I have tried leaving the default value blank as well and also specified a date in both parameters but I still end up with the same outcome. When I run the report with the parameters set in BIRT it works fine. I know this isn't a forum for efacs related issues but just wondered if you had any ideas?
Previous Topic:Can't open a .doc file generated by B.I.R.T with ActiveX
Next Topic:Parameter help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:08:05 GMT 2024