Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Report engine's ExcelRenderOptions(Report engine's ExcelRenderOptions)
Report engine's ExcelRenderOptions [message #1396477] Tue, 08 July 2014 10:57 Go to next message
Mayank Keshari is currently offline Mayank KeshariFriend
Hi,

I am trying to use ExcelRenderOptions to generate report in .xls format. I am getting following error:
An error happened while running the report. Cause:: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Report engine fails to initialize org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel emitter, please make sure required libraries for this emitter are installed.
Default Birt XLS Emitter "org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel_2.6.2.r262_v20110215"

I could understand that i need to put the missing jar in /WEB-INF/platform/plugins/ directory, is there anything else is needed ?

I am using iHub3 with Jboss 5.

---
However i fail to understand:
1. Why Actuate Viewer's > Export Content > To Excel is working fine? Why it's not cribbing about the same missing jar?

Thanks,
Mayank
Re: Report engine's ExcelRenderOptions [message #1396673 is a reply to message #1396477] Tue, 08 July 2014 16:26 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What is the code you're using? Have you made sure that you have the jar for this emitter in your Java project's build path?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Master Page menu
Next Topic:BIRT: How to autofit width of last column when adjusting cell width
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 05:34:44 GMT 2024