Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » File system hierarchy
File system hierarchy [message #1396413] Tue, 08 July 2014 09:05 Go to next message
Dancho Penev is currently offline Dancho PenevFriend
Hello,

With the introduction of Eclipse SmartHome project and openHAB2 I think it's the right time file system hierarchy standard to be agreed and published so it can be used by all other developers. As I can see so far there are three main directories:
• conf
• runtime
• userdata
Kai or other core developers could you share your vision about the hierarchy and describe in some more details the purpose of each one of these directories and what can/should be stored in them?
Re: File system hierarchy [message #1403959 is a reply to message #1396413] Mon, 28 July 2014 17:46 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Dancho,

The idea is actually, that Eclipse SmartHome only allows a generic configuration of where certain folders are and a concrete solution (such as openHAB 2) then uses certain folders - so the ones you mention are only relevant for openHAB 2 and as such will be documented in the openHAB documentation.
Nonetheless what is left for Eclipse SmartHome is to document the configuration possibilities. This is actually not yet fully implemented to my satisfaction, see the discussion here: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/40#issuecomment-50176861
I plan to adapt this in the coming days and will then also add some section in the documentation about it.

Cheers,
Kai
Previous Topic:KNX in openHAB 2 / Smarthome
Next Topic:ESH build issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:37:22 GMT 2024