Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Full Java 8 code completion support?
Full Java 8 code completion support? [message #1392394] Wed, 02 July 2014 09:08 Go to next message
Thomas Schubert is currently offline Thomas SchubertFriend
Hello,

I tested the new eclipse release yesterday. What should I say awesome guys thanks for making that possible!

Now I have a question regarding the code completion support of the new Java features.

When can I hope to have code completion on Method Referencen and the arrow operator like e -> e. Right now eclipse Luna doesnt tell me any suggestions.

Also the new design looks pretty fresh and cool but when I click on a label on the workspace the label turns in a similr color than the workspace background, maybe one should overwork the default preference there.

Another point on the new design, some labels in the settings dialog turn randomly kind of fuzzy and blurred but no big deal really.

So is there any plans to have another luna version released in the next months?
Re: Full Java 8 code completion support? [message #1398153 is a reply to message #1392394] Thu, 10 July 2014 18:00 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Hi Thomas,

thanks for your feedback.

Thomas Schubert wrote on Wed, 02 July 2014 11:08

When can I hope to have code completion on Method Referencen and the arrow operator like e -> e. Right now eclipse Luna doesnt tell me any suggestions.

You may want to browse bugs in JDT/Core and JDT/UI by searching the following keywords in the bug title:
- [1.8]
- [assist]
- [completion]
- [quick assist]
If you are seeing a problem that's not yet covered, please file a new bug.

Quote:

So is there any plans to have another luna version released in the next months?

There's always a service release 1 in September and SR2 in February, see e.g.: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Luna/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Service_Releases

best,
Stephan
Previous Topic:JVM.DLL is not found in bundled runtime !
Next Topic:Working with Eclipse Kepler, Maven, Java and Tomcat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 04:58:31 GMT 2024