Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Call java from Epsilon((Type not found))
Call java from Epsilon [message #1390025] Sat, 28 June 2014 19:43 Go to next message
Mahsa P is currently offline Mahsa PFriend
Hi dear friends,
I want to call one java code from EOL. So I've used this learning http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/, and tried to implement my codes like it. But when I run this sample, I get this error:

Type 'org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tools.SampleTool' not found...
for running the my projects, I get same error.

I've attached my project. That's one simple example that returns one string. can any one help me to finding the my mistake?
Thank you...
  • Attachment: JavaTool.zip
    (Size: 3.71KB, Downloaded 113 times)
Re: Call java from Epsilon [message #1390328 is a reply to message #1390025] Sun, 29 June 2014 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Mahsa,

Please note that, as discussed in the "Invoke the Tool" section of the article, to invoke the Java tool from EOL, you need to run a new Eclipse instance first.

Cheer,
Dimitris
Re: Call java from Epsilon [message #1390649 is a reply to message #1390328] Sun, 29 June 2014 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Dimitris,
Thanks for your answer.
In "Invoke the tool" is said that we can export the plugin and place it in the dropins folder instead of running the new eclipse. I did this way. the Plugin is added to my eclipse because I can find it in installed plugin of my eclipse and I see it in the list of Tools (in Window->Show view->epsilon->Tools) too.
But, I get this error:
Internal error: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tools was unable to load class org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tools.SampleTool.
Re: Call java from Epsilon [message #1390949 is a reply to message #1390649] Mon, 30 June 2014 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Mahsa,

The fully qualified name of the class of your tool is JavaTool.ToolClass so your EOL statement should read:

... new Native("JavaTool.ToolClass") ...

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Call java from Epsilon [message #1390959 is a reply to message #1390949] Mon, 30 June 2014 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
I've written "JavaTool.ToolClass" in my EOL for my tool. But I get:

Internal error: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in JavaTool was unable to load class JavaTool.ToolClass.

For every tool, after the adding tools to dropin folder, I get same error that explains eclipse can't load the class of tool.
Re: Call java from Epsilon [message #1391774 is a reply to message #1390959] Tue, 01 July 2014 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Mahsa,

I had to change the JRE version of the project from 7 to 6 and then it worked fine in my setup.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Call java from Epsilon [message #1393317 is a reply to message #1391774] Thu, 03 July 2014 15:57 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris,
I changed the version of my java, but it isn't run!
However, I run new eclipse and this plug-in worked truly:)
Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 July 2014 17:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Flock] ecore:EStringToStringMapEntry
Next Topic:[EGL] [SOVLED]How to load plain XML file in Java code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:14:07 GMT 2024