Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to setup which resources to include in searches(Method to limit which files / folders to include in search)
How to setup which resources to include in searches [message #1388291] Thu, 26 June 2014 08:17
Dan Catchpole is currently offline Dan CatchpoleFriend
Hi,

I am new to this forum and to Eclipse. Very grateful for any advice I receive.

I have a pre existing C project, I have set it up as an Ecplipse project as follows.
1. Create a new C/C++ CDT eclipse project.
2. Add the top level folder of my existing project as a 'linked folder' as a resource in the project.
There are filter options that allow you to filter files/folders to include as resources. But it seems these do not work for linked folders.
Ideally I would like to use these options to only include files *.c and *.h.
I also would like to exclude all files from directories .../xyz

When I do a C/C++ search I get many unwanted hits because the search is also checking files in .../xyz. There are many directories in the project tree .../xyz.

I have tried to setup a working set and limit the seach to the working set, but I can't setup filters for a working set.

Are there any other methods I could try. Or is it not possible to limit the resources parsed in a search when the target is in a linked directory ?

Are there any useful plugins that can be used to get enhanced search functions that anyone can recommend ?

Thanks
Previous Topic:How do you make the user dictionary work?
Next Topic:Action Set Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:36:18 GMT 2024