Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Database JPA Entity Management (The best way to manage creation/refresh of JPA entities)
Database JPA Entity Management [message #1387149] Tue, 24 June 2014 12:52 Go to next message
Travis Seiler is currently offline Travis SeilerFriend
I am fairly new to development with JPA entities, but am finding many advantages including turning out code quicker. I usually prefer to focus data model development within database visual tools though, so I am looking for the best way to update entities from the database on a regular frequency. For example, I update my database model through a tool apply the changes to the database, and then want to update my entities from the tables. However I have a number of NamedQueries and JAXB annotations that I don't want to lose. How do I sync these up without loosing my changes? Do I create a superclass where all of these properties are inherited (will this work), or do I just create the automatically generated entities to another package and then use a merge tool to update. I am looking for the most efficient method to manage these types of changes. Or should I be using another mechanism?
Re: Database JPA Entity Management [message #1387161 is a reply to message #1387149] Tue, 24 June 2014 14:23 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You might get more response in either the Dali or EclipseLink forum groups, which tend to have JPA experts hanging out in them. Also note that yours is not an Eclipse-specific question so I suggest asking on a general programming forum such as StackOverflow.
Previous Topic:eclipse-java- keylogger
Next Topic:What's with Eclipse ? I can't do anything. Mac OS X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 01:46:46 GMT 2024