Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage
icon5.gif  [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage [message #1386831] Fri, 20 June 2014 23:37 Go to next message
Frederik Hahne is currently offline Frederik HahneFriend
Hi,

I'm having a little(?) problem running an eol script. I have a meta model (standard emf stuff) that is required for some computations, so I don't have an instance of this meta model to be loaded by an eol script.

I tried to load that modle via "registered epackage", but this results in

"Type 'XXX' not found" exception. If I create an instance of my model and load as an emf model everything is fine, but this would be not great for my purpose. So my question, how can I create elements with having only used the registered package?

thanks in advance for help.
Re: [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage [message #1386859 is a reply to message #1386831] Sat, 21 June 2014 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

Un-ticking the "Read on load" option in the model configuration dialog should do the trick.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage [message #1387551 is a reply to message #1386859] Wed, 25 June 2014 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tried already but it didn't work Sad Nevertheless, I've solved it like this for my purpose: Selecting the emf model I would like to validate and in the same dialog add the additional metamodel to the list of metamodels and it works fine.

Thanks for your fast support.

Edit: Another question or idea: In my usecase it would be great to guard fixes, such that they are not displayed if the guard is not satsified.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 June 2014 08:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage [message #1387625 is a reply to message #1387551] Wed, 25 June 2014 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for highjacking my own thread, but I'm confused with "include external references". My evl script can read all elements of the external models that are referenced inside my model. But when modifing e.g. the name of an element inside the referenced model it is changed but not persisted in the real model file on disk. Is this intended behaviour or some kind of "bug"? I'm using the latest stable version of epsilon with eclipse 4.3 and java 8 on arch linux.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 June 2014 10:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage [message #1388381 is a reply to message #1387625] Thu, 26 June 2014 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Frederik,

This is the expected behaviour - only the "main" resource is saved by default. To save all resources of model M, you could add the following lines to the "post" part of your EVL file.

for (resource in M.resource.resourceSet.resources) {
resource.save(null);
}

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage [message #1390983 is a reply to message #1388381] Mon, 30 June 2014 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, looks like it works perfectly.
Re: [EOL] Type not found when using registered EPackage [message #1390986 is a reply to message #1390983] Mon, 30 June 2014 09:21 Go to previous message

Glad this helped!

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:[ECL] How to match hierarchical models?
Next Topic:do some process in the nomatch block of EPL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:24:17 GMT 2024