Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » "Select" option as default in list parameter  () 1 Vote
"Select" option as default in list parameter [message #1386751] Fri, 20 June 2014 05:47 Go to next message
Ganesh Hegde is currently offline Ganesh HegdeFriend
hey guysss...
had a lil. doubt wid d cascading parameter
ders a two parameter region and outlet...according to region selction of the parameter the outlet list will b listed.Have done with all this condition but stuck wid the default value of the parameter. The default value must b "Select" in both parameters while loading. have tried below code in all functions of script but cudnt mak it work as i wanted.

importPackage(Packages.java.util);

reportContext.setParameterValue("region",new String("Select Region"));
reportContext.setParameterValue("outlet",new String("Select Outlet"));
  • Attachment: birt.jpg
    (Size: 122.95KB, Downloaded 208 times)
Re: "Select" option as default in list parameter [message #1386914 is a reply to message #1386751] Mon, 23 June 2014 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thnx for no 1 helpin me...but still i tried to do on my own but...cudnt complete..

i hav tried to solve by putting default value as "--Select--" for both parameters, but as i select the first parameter the second parameter gets loaded and automatically default value will b changed to "All". I want to keep the default value as "--Select --" only. Guysss Please assist me. Sad
Re: "Select" option as default in list parameter [message #1386936 is a reply to message #1386914] Mon, 23 June 2014 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heng Li is currently offline Heng LiFriend
This is default implementation of parameter dialog in birt viewer plugin, no workaround to support your request.
The alternative approach is you create your own parameter dialog in JSP and call birt model/engine APIs in the jsp.
Re: "Select" option as default in list parameter [message #1386981 is a reply to message #1386936] Mon, 23 June 2014 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thhnx fr d reply...but the thing is..i have put --select-- as default text..but as the first is selectd and second parametr loads..the default text gets off frm the list...i have tried to put params["SecondParameter"].defaultValue = "--Select--"; in the dataSet while onFecth script.... but still cudnt get wat i wanted..can u please assit me...i hav sent the pics. of the report..it will b very greatful
  • Attachment: one.jpg
    (Size: 107.61KB, Downloaded 207 times)
  • Attachment: two.jpg
    (Size: 90.80KB, Downloaded 202 times)
Re: "Select" option as default in list parameter [message #1388351 is a reply to message #1386981] Thu, 26 June 2014 10:06 Go to previous message
Is there any option like, if we select "All" in the second parameter the query must change to valid query

The query goes like this:

Select * from outlet_table where region_id = ?

if user select the deafault value "All" the where condition should be deleted from the query

Previous Topic:Scripted data source: java.util.Map
Next Topic:BIRT » Unable to Open downloaded report in excel through Maximo 7.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:16:45 GMT 2024