Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Workflow] ANT workflow store intermediate models(Store intermediate output models generated from ant tasks)
[Workflow] ANT workflow store intermediate models [message #1386598] Wed, 18 June 2014 14:23 Go to next message
abdush mohd is currently offline abdush mohdFriend
Hi,

I've started recently working on Epsilon for a project to transform BPMN models into state charts. I read parts of the Epsilon book and it was really very helpful for me as a new comer. I came across some issues now two of them are below:

- Currently I have an ANT workflow (attached) that consists of several tasks. The main are a validation task (EVL program) which validates the input, a migration task (Flock) which depends on the validation, and a filtering task (EPL) which depends on the migration. I am able to run the workflow and get the final output file after the filtering. I want to store the model after migration also for checking. I tried to use epsilon.emf.storeModel but didn't work, I tried also to use the copy task but without success also.

- I would like also to know if it is possible for example to create a flock migration program that would generate different number of output models depending on a feature of the input model? For example I want to create a different output model for each data object nodes in the input BPMN model, is this possible?

Thanks
Abdu
  • Attachment: workflow.xml
    (Size: 2.35KB, Downloaded 114 times)
Re: [Workflow] ANT workflow store intermediate models [message #1386601 is a reply to message #1386598] Wed, 18 June 2014 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steffen Zschaler is currently offline Steffen ZschalerFriend
Hi,

Unless I missed something, your store call isn't actually inside a
target so is unlikely to be invoked...

Steffen

On 18/06/2014 15:23, abdush mohd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started recently working on Epsilon for a project to transform BPMN models into state charts. I read parts of the Epsilon book and it was really very helpful for me as a new comer. I came across some issues now two of them are below:
>
> - Currently I have an ANT workflow (attached) that consists of several tasks. The main are a validation task (EVL program) which validates the input, a migration task (Flock) which depends on the validation, and a filtering task (EPL) which depends on the migration. I am able to run the workflow and get the final output file after the filtering. I want to store the model after migration also for checking. I tried to use epsilon.emf.storeModel but didn't work, I tried also to use the copy task but without success also.
>
> - I would like also to know if it is possible for example to create a flock migration program that would generate different number of output models depending on a feature of the input model? For example I want to create a different output model for each data object nodes in the input BPMN model, is this possible?
>
> Thanks
> Abdu
Re: [Workflow] ANT workflow store intermediate models [message #1386615 is a reply to message #1386601] Wed, 18 June 2014 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steffen,
thanks for your reply.

Indeed it is my fault that the attached file shows the commented version of the storeModel task.
In fact I made a stupid mistake, there is no task called epsilon.emf.storeModel as it is called epsilon.storeModel. The attribute used for the model to be stored is also called model and not name. It is working fine now.

Any idea about the second part?

Thanks
Abdu
Re: [Workflow] ANT workflow store intermediate models [message #1386638 is a reply to message #1386615] Wed, 18 June 2014 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Abdu,

> I would like also to know if it is possible for example to create a flock migration program that would generate different number of output models depending on a feature of the input model? For example I want to create a different output model for each data object nodes in the input BPMN model, is this possible?

To generate multiple output models, you'd need to run your Flock migration programs multiple times (with a different parameter every time). This is not supported out of the box so I suspect that you're better off using Flock's Java API / writing a custom ANT task.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [Workflow] ANT workflow store intermediate models [message #1386641 is a reply to message #1386638] Wed, 18 June 2014 23:58 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for your reply.

I will have a look in your suggestions and see what I can do.

Regards
Abdu
Previous Topic:Nebula GridViewerTable alignment
Next Topic:CSV driver help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:49:32 GMT 2024