|Sapphire 8 graphical editor DnD issue [message #1386419]
||Tue, 17 June 2014 12:51
| Greg Amerson
Registered: March 2010
Just a heads up, that our QA team for our sapphire based graphical editor project has deemed that the final 8.0.0 build is not stable enough for us to use. Specifically there appears to be something added in build#108 that we lose stability for our automated test runs. Also we can pretty consistently reproduce the DND exception on our test systems. Also we found that our Mac OSX test environments were also experiencing JVM crashes/segfaults in this same area, around the changes to the diagram editor in build#108.
So we have moved our distro/product back to 8.0.x build#107 and our automated test runs have cleared up and we don't see hard crashes on OSX.
Sorry that we don't have more concrete information to go by and this information comes after the final 8.0 build has been declared but we wanted to share this with the group here nonetheless. We will continue to test and work on ways to give concrete reproduction steps. We do know this it is really, really easy to avoid the problems and that is to avoid using DnD in the palette but instead use the 'click palette' then move mouse and click diagram pattern of adding new nodes. This doesn't seem to have any problems in our testing.
So for now our plan is to build a custom sapphire distro for our product, we will roll back changes from build#108 but then add in the changes from build#113 (linux relative path bug).
We will followup after our internal release to see if we can help track down the source of the problems with build#108.
[Updated on: Tue, 17 June 2014 12:55]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01688 seconds