Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Run Sapphire Project
Run Sapphire Project [message #1386266] Mon, 16 June 2014 09:11 Go to next message
psilos panipsilos is currently offline psilos panipsilosFriend
Hi guys,

I am new to Sapphire, I have read the documentation and tried to run the samples. However I have the following problem:

I downloaded and ran the samples projects: org.eclipse.sapphire.samples.

I ran it as an Eclipse application , then I created a project and then a new file, e.g. contacts.xml.
So far so good, I am able to see the "contacts" editor.

Then in order to create my own editor I cloned the project and created my own project:
org.eclipse.sapphire.myeditor.
I started customizing the "contacts" editor. To check the result I was running it again as Eclipse application and I was able to see the changes.

However, since yesteday every time I ran the project, and create the contacts.xml file it opens the default "contacts" editor rathern than my customised version. I tried to delete and create a new project but nothing changes.

Any idea why it loads the default project rather than my customised version?

Re: Run Sapphire Project [message #1386333 is a reply to message #1386266] Mon, 16 June 2014 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Since you are re-using the editor condition (the "contacts.xml" file name), you need to make sure that you aren't running your project with Sapphire samples project as both will try to claim that file. If you have the samples project in your workspace, close it before running your project. Also check you target platform. Make sure you didn't install the samples in binary form when installing the rest of Sapphire.
Re: Run Sapphire Project [message #1386556 is a reply to message #1386333] Wed, 18 June 2014 09:12 Go to previous message
psilos panipsilos is currently offline psilos panipsilosFriend
Thank you very much .

Indeed there was a conflict with the "samples" project. I closed it and then it worked fine.

cheers
Previous Topic:build qualifier
Next Topic:Announcing Sapphire 8 Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:50:33 GMT 2024