Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Strange Ant-Editor warning(Eclipse Ant-Editor warning: "property does not support the value attribute" - why?)
Strange Ant-Editor warning [message #1386078] Fri, 13 June 2014 11:04 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
When I edit an ant file with Eclipse's Ant-Editor (version Kepler + SR1) for every property definition it warns me with 'property does not support the "value" attribute'

Even if I let the editor create that statement itself, i.e. if I just write "
<pro
" and then hit Ctrl-Blank and then pick the "property with name and value" suggestion it automatically inserts:

<property name="name" value="value"/>

which is immediately flagged with a warning 'property does not support the "value" attribute'.

But "property" DOES support the value attribute, so why is this flagged with a warning? What am I missing?

Example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="test" default="test" basedir=".">
    <property name="name" value="value"/>

<target name="test">
    </target>
</project>

Line 3 is flagged with said error. Any idea, why?

M.
Re: Strange Ant-Editor warning [message #1386673 is a reply to message #1386078] Thu, 19 June 2014 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Hi,
It is working fine with me, can you create a bug with some details of your environment and workspace.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Strange Ant-Editor warning [message #1386697 is a reply to message #1386673] Thu, 19 June 2014 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm - that's interesting! To provide an example I just created a new workspace and in it a new Java project and in that I declared a new build.xml file and entered a minimalistic ant-script skeleton. And in THAT ant-script a line like
<property name="foo" value="bar"/>
has NO yellow wiggles and no warnings!

So, this must indeed somehow have to do with the workspace that I am using! But I don't want recreate my entire workspace! So, how can I convince the ant-editor (and only that!) to clear its settings?

M.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2014 14:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange Ant-Editor warning [message #1386763 is a reply to message #1386697] Fri, 20 June 2014 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
You can try "Restore Defaults" in the Preference page for entries under "Ant".

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Strange Ant-Editor warning [message #1391874 is a reply to message #1386763] Tue, 01 July 2014 14:44 Go to previous message
Alas, "Restore Defaults" did not remove the yellow wiggles for property tags... Sad

But meanwhile I found, that I can get rid of these wiggles and warnings, if I go to Windows => Preferences => Ant => Problems tab - and under the label "set the severity level for the following buildfile problems" set the entry for "Property setting tasks" to "Ignore".

But why does this yield warnings if I set this to warning level? What is the "issue" that it claims to detect here?

M.

Previous Topic:Variables view sometimes loses selection when hitting a breakpoint a second time
Next Topic:OSGI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 10:45:35 GMT 2024