Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Is there a way to change the plugin.xml for spudsoft birt emitters to no-pagination in runtime.jar(Is there a way to change the plugin.xml for spudsoft birt emitters to no-pagination in runtime.jar)
Is there a way to change the plugin.xml for spudsoft birt emitters to no-pagination in runtime.jar [message #1385890] Thu, 12 June 2014 06:08 Go to next message
Paul Yang is currently offline Paul YangFriend
HI
I am with BIRT 4.3.1 viewer.
I export xls with SpudSoft BIRT Emitters, there are multiple xls sheet being generate
, just I want only one sheet every report. So, I find a way to replace the follow configuration in plugin.xml in org.eclipse.birt.runtime-4.3.1.jar.

<extension id="uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel" name="SpudSoft BIRT Emitters" point="org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitters">
<emitter class="uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter" format="xlsx" id="uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter" mimeType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet" pagination="no-pagination">
</emitter>
<emitter class="uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter" format="xls_spudsoft" id="uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter" mimeType="application/vnd.ms-excel" pagination="no-pagination">
</emitter>
</extension>
unfortunately I got SHA1 digest error for plugin.xml, when I change the plugin.xml of the package(org.eclipse.birt.runtime-4.3.1.jar).
So I want know, Is there a way to resolve export pagination issue, etc, how to change the plugin.xml, or write code in birt viewer ...

Thanks
Re: Is there a way to change the plugin.xml for spudsoft birt emitters to no-pagination in runtime.j [message #1385908 is a reply to message #1385890] Thu, 12 June 2014 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI

I got the method form here to change the plugin.xml avoid the SHA1 digest error
Open the META-INF folder and delete everything but the MANIFEST.MF file.
Thanks, so, is there other configuration or writing codes in Birt Viewer to no pagination when export xls file using SpudSoft BIRT Emitters, and avoid the header repeat in xls file(does not need change the report design file).

Thanks again.
Re: Is there a way to change the plugin.xml for spudsoft birt emitters to no-pagination in runtime.j [message #1385987 is a reply to message #1385908] Thu, 12 June 2014 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

To keep from going to multiple sheets in Excel, you could set the page layout of the report to auto and set the page break interval on your tables to 0 if outputting to Excel. Maybe I'm over simplifying things for your issue. Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Is there a way to change the plugin.xml for spudsoft birt emitters to no-pagination in runtime.j [message #1386039 is a reply to message #1385987] Fri, 13 June 2014 07:19 Go to previous message
Yes, there will meet the export requirement by change the report design file following your idea .
Unfortunately, we need pagination when view the report by birt viewer.
So, Is there a way to change the birt viewer code, e.g. form google
IRenderOption options = null;

options = new EXCELRenderOption(outputFormat: "xls");

//SpudSoft Emitteroptions.setEmitterID("uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter");options.setOption("ExcelEmitter.SingleSheetWithPageBreaks", true);

// reportFileFullPath is a String that contains absolute path of the file.IReportRunnable reportDesign = reportEngine.openReportDesign(reportFileFullPath);

ReportDesignHandle designHandle = (ReportDesignHandle) reportDesign.getDesignHandle();

DesignElementHandle designElement =  designHandle.getBody().get(0);

if( designElement instanceof TableHandle ) {
    ((TableHandle)designElement).setPageBreakInterval(0);
    ((TableHandle)designElement).setRepeatHeader(false);}

I don't know where should insert this code.
or
Is there other ways.

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 13 June 2014 07:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Hiding Stack Traces / Errors
Next Topic:Export Data of sub -report with parent data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:07:06 GMT 2024