Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Running a java program with apitrace from Eclipse
Running a java program with apitrace from Eclipse [message #1385482] Fri, 06 June 2014 19:09 Go to next message
Mark Raynsford is currently offline Mark RaynsfordFriend
Hello.

I use apitrace (apitrace dot github dot io) to debug OpenGL programs written in Java.

Typically, the program is run with:

$ apitrace trace java -jar ...

Is there a way to do this from eclipse? That is, is there a way to tell the Java application launcher to prefix whatever the resulting command it executes is with "apitrace trace"?
Re: Running a java program with apitrace from Eclipse [message #1385586 is a reply to message #1385482] Mon, 09 June 2014 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Raynsford is currently offline Mark RaynsfordFriend
A thousand people don't know how to get the Java launcher to run something other than "java"?
Re: Running a java program with apitrace from Eclipse [message #1385651 is a reply to message #1385586] Tue, 10 June 2014 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
On 09/06/2014 20:10, mark r wrote:
> A thousand people don't know how to get the Java launcher to run
> something other than "java"?

Better ask such questions on the 'newcomers' forum or even better rtfm.

http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftasks-exttools-running.htm
Re: Running a java program with apitrace from Eclipse [message #1385943 is a reply to message #1385651] Thu, 12 June 2014 11:53 Go to previous message
Jeff Walrath is currently offline Jeff WalrathFriend
I am afraid that is a good answer for the simple case you were asked but how do I do this when I am developing RCP plugins and the like? I have and "Eclipse Application" run configuration that has some plugin management with several workspace plugins, a redefined target that contains an SDK full of additional plugins and so on... I just need to tack the "apitrace trace" to the start of the java invocation but I need all the additional RCP plugin management stuff that is usually in the run configuration and NOT available within the "external application" run configuration.

Thanks.

-jeff
Previous Topic:System property Problem
Next Topic:Eclipse Nullness warning (after Java8)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 02:02:07 GMT 2024