Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt / Eclipse Workspace corruption
Birt / Eclipse Workspace corruption [message #1385409] Fri, 06 June 2014 09:04 Go to next message
Bastien Jouanneau is currently offline Bastien JouanneauFriend
Hello,

I'm requesting your help, as a new birt user, because today, for the fourth time my workspace has got corrupted. I really don't know how to use the exception stacks available in the .metadata file.
For now, I've lost again all my work Crying or Very Sad .

I'm a windows7 user, and closing and re-opening birt I cannot access anymore my workspace. Please find attached the log file.

Regards,
Bastien.
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 82.45KB, Downloaded 125 times)
Re: Birt / Eclipse Workspace corruption [message #1385491 is a reply to message #1385409] Sat, 07 June 2014 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone having this issue. As for the corrupt workspace. Try moving your files from the old workspace to a new workspace. The only times I've had a corruption of my workspace, I was able to do this and not have any more issues. I'm not sure what's going on that you've had this happen to you four times though. What version of BIRT are you using?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Birt / Eclipse Workspace corruption [message #1385686 is a reply to message #1385409] Tue, 10 June 2014 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bastien Jouanneau is currently offline Bastien JouanneauFriend
Hello Michael,

I was using Birt 4.3.2.

I've tried moving report files from to a new workspace without success. The issue has followed this move. So, I suspect that the report are also somehow corrupt.
After opening one of those files, the complete Eclipse UI is broken.

I've found that using the latest birt version, 4.4.0M7, I can open corrupt workspaces/reports : The UI is not completely messed up anymore. But I always have some weird expceptions loggued.
Please, find attached the exception stack.

I don't know if this should still be a concern or not ... But at least, I've found a way to recover my work !

Best regards,
Bastien.
Re: Birt / Eclipse Workspace corruption [message #1385693 is a reply to message #1385686] Tue, 10 June 2014 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did you ever try re-downloading 4.3.2 to see if you could open it with a fresh copy? Or have you tried starting 4.3.2 from the command line with "eclipse -clean" to give it a clean start?

Michael

Re: Birt / Eclipse Workspace corruption [message #1385696 is a reply to message #1385693] Tue, 10 June 2014 14:34 Go to previous message

Both logs show a null pointer exception, but don't seem to be the same issue at all. If you're not having any issue with 4.4, I'd continue to use it. It'll be out later this month with the final release.

Michael

Previous Topic:Dynamic where clause in Birt
Next Topic:BIRT Report Viewer - JS Bug? (Chrome - TOC)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:43:32 GMT 2024