Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Luna nightly build problems with DesktopMenuBar
Luna nightly build problems with DesktopMenuBar [message #1385237] Thu, 05 June 2014 06:26 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I've finally managed to find a time slot to verify a whole lot of bugs that I have reported and that have been fixed in the recent Luna builds. I've updated my target to Luna Nightly (2014-06-05).

This caused my DesktopMenuBar to report a number of errors. I made the changes described under https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/NewAndNoteworthy/4.0#SWT:_menu.2Faction_clean_up but one error still remains:

Quote:
The method consolidateMenus(List<IMenu>) is undefined for the type SwtMenuUtility

and it refers to the following line:
List<IMenu> consolidatedMenus = SwtMenuUtility.consolidateMenus(menus);

I've had a look at the NewAndNoteworth/4.0 page but found no information on this (other than the link above, from which the error line is copied).

Can someone give me a hint what I need to change to let my project compile again?
Re: Luna nightly build problems with DesktopMenuBar [message #1385239 is a reply to message #1385237] Thu, 05 June 2014 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Urs,

I think the relevant commit was http://git.eclipse.org/c/scout/org.eclipse.scout.rt.git/commit/?h=develop&id=984e3e2960fe6aeb223cf1a537bef07e446e6203

I did not try by myself, but could you try to use
MenuUtility#consolidateMenus(List<T> original)
?

Best regards
Matthias
Re: Luna nightly build problems with DesktopMenuBar [message #1385298 is a reply to message #1385239] Thu, 05 June 2014 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
consolidateMenus(..) was moved from one Utility class in an other.

It is really a bad practice to have removed those methods from SwtMenuUtility without deprecating them during one release (I mean until Scout Mars next year). Adding a deprecate annotation and a redirection is really not a big deal in such a case.

We had the same problem in our project and I needed to look at the demo application on GitHub to understand what the fix was (DesktopMenuBar.java in miniCrm App on the 4.0 Branch).

Everybody is losing time with stuff like that!

@Urs:
Thank you for mentioning the issue here.
I think it helps other people.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 June 2014 13:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Luna nightly build problems with DesktopMenuBar [message #1385619 is a reply to message #1385298] Tue, 10 June 2014 05:55 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Thanks Matthias, using MenuUtility solved my problem.

@Jérémie: I agree, deprecating the old method would have saved me a lot of time (interestingly execPrepareAction *was* marked as deprecated, which made it very clear what needed to be changed)...
Previous Topic:Error : "Can not find the URL of the proxy auto-configuration"
Next Topic:Error on Create SearchForms on Scout 4.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:12:11 GMT 2024