Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Aspects in another jars
Aspects in another jars [message #1384709] Fri, 30 May 2014 15:28 Go to next message
Matthew BIOT is currently offline Matthew BIOTFriend
Hi everyone !

I have some questions about AspectJ comprehension, there is so much information and I'm getting lost in the middle of that.

To make it simple, I have an native aspect (aspect on custom annotation) defined in project A, it works fine, everybody's happy ! Now, I want to use it in project B by including a jar of A and putting an annotation on a method of the B project.
Note : The B project is running with Spring.

First of all, is it possible to do something like that ?
Secondly, does anyone have a good tutorial or article to help me with that ?

I don't necessarily ask for a complete reponse, just some advices, links or anything that could help me.
Thanks in advance.

MattU
Re: Aspects in another jars [message #1384741 is a reply to message #1384709] Sat, 31 May 2014 04:04 Go to previous message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
If running inside of Eclipse, you would put project A on project B's aspect path (project B must be converted to an aspect project) and everything should work. To do this, look at the aspectj builder tab of your project properties.

If you are using maven, then you should use the aspectj-maven-plugin http://mojo.codehaus.org/aspectj-maven-plugin/
Previous Topic:ajdt on luna?
Next Topic:Load-time weaving and java -jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:57:39 GMT 2024