Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [MWE] UML 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 mapping not supported?
[MWE] UML 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 mapping not supported? [message #1383970] Tue, 27 May 2014 14:20 Go to next message
Peter Keller is currently offline Peter KellerFriend
I am taking a look at the latest milestone release of Luna, and I am finding that I cannot transform a UML model that works fine in Kepler. Specifically, the following bean:

<bean class="org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup">
		<platformUri value="../.."/>
		<registerGeneratedEPackage value="org.eclipse.uml2.uml.UMLPackage"/>
		<registerEcoreFile value="platform:/resource/com.globalphasing.uml2xsd/src/Uml2Xsd.profile.uml"/>
        <uriMap 
          from="Types.uml" 
          to="platform:/resource/com.globalphasing.sdcp.lib/Models/Types.uml"/>
	</bean>

gives me the stack trace in the attached file.

When I open the profile model in Papyrus, I find that the mapping from the UML 2.4.0 metamodel to the UML 2.5.0 one is done correctly, and the model explorer shows:

Quote:
<Package Import> UML 2.5.0 Metamodel

I am looking at Luna 4.4.0M7 (Eclipse DSL Tools package) with MWE Core 1.3.2.v201405200714

I know that MWE is a rather old product now. Is it intended to update it to support mapping from UML 2.4.0 to 2.5.0? Or should I bite the bullet and translate my workflows to MWE2?

Thanks for any hints,
Peter.

P.S. A possibly relevant link is https://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/UML2/UML2_5.0_Migration_Guide#Legacy_Interchange
  • Attachment: mwe-err.txt
    (Size: 9.62KB, Downloaded 367 times)
Re: [MWE] UML 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 mapping not supported? [message #1383971 is a reply to message #1383970] Tue, 27 May 2014 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

"Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML' not found."

looks suspiciously like there was one-off initialization of the
'current' UML rather than UMLResourcesUtil.init() that initialises them all.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 27/05/2014 15:20, Peter Keller wrote:
> I am taking a look at the latest milestone release of Luna, and I am finding that I cannot transform a UML model that works fine in Kepler. Specifically, the following bean:
>
> <bean class="org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup">
> <platformUri value="../.."/>
> <registerGeneratedEPackage value="org.eclipse.uml2.uml.UMLPackage"/>
> <registerEcoreFile value="platform:/resource/com.globalphasing.uml2xsd/src/Uml2Xsd.profile.uml"/>
> <uriMap
> from="Types.uml"
> to="platform:/resource/com.globalphasing.sdcp.lib/Models/Types.uml"/>
> </bean>
>
>
> gives me the stack trace in the attached file.
>
> When I open the profile model in Papyrus, I find that the mapping from the UML 2.4.0 metamodel to the UML 2.5.0 one is done correctly, and the model explorer shows:
>
> Quote:
>> <Package Import> UML 2.5.0 Metamodel
>
> I am looking at Luna 4.4.0M7 (Eclipse DSL Tools package) with MWE Core 1.3.2.v201405200714
>
> I know that MWE is a rather old product now. Is it intended to update it to support mapping from UML 2.4.0 to 2.5.0? Or should I bite the bullet and translate my workflows to MWE2?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> Peter.
>
> P.S. A possibly relevant link is https://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/UML2/UML2_5.0_Migration_Guide#Legacy_Interchange
Re: [MWE] UML 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 mapping not supported? [message #1384153 is a reply to message #1383971] Wed, 28 May 2014 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the hint. I don't have the time right now to dig into the MWE source code, but if no-one else picks this up from the forum I'll try to reproduce this for a simple case and file a bug report.

Regards,
Peter.

[quote title=Ed Willink wrote on Tue, 27 May 2014 15:33]Hi

"Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML' not found."

looks suspiciously like there was one-off initialization of the
'current' UML rather than UMLResourcesUtil.init() that initialises them all.

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: [MWE] UML 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 mapping not supported? [message #1386434 is a reply to message #1384153] Tue, 17 June 2014 13:44 Go to previous message
Peter Keller wrote on Wed, 28 May 2014 10:05
Thanks for the hint. I don't have the time right now to dig into the MWE source code, but if no-one else picks this up from the forum I'll try to reproduce this for a simple case and file a bug report.

Bug report submitted: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=437591

Previous Topic:Generate UUID
Next Topic:Components of Acceleo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 05:17:00 GMT 2024