Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Unhandled event loop
Unhandled event loop [message #241544] Mon, 18 February 2008 09:04 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ralffrotscher.web.de

------=_Part_112_13572941.1203325561361
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi.

I have a multi page editor and two of these pages contain representations of the same model object. That means if I create, modify or delete the model object in one page, the other needs to refresh itself.
Everything is working fine, there is just one problem:

If I delete the object in view A, view B refreshes its children. Fine.
If I delete the object in view B an Exception occurs thrown by the code of this view so that view A cannot react. It is an unhandled event loop (see attached file).

I tried to solve the problem on my own but I can't find a solution.

There is just one difference between view A and view B: view B always has an active layout manager and view A not.

I don't know how to handle this Exception. Maybe one of you already have had the problem and has an idea how to solve.

All hints and/or ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Ralf
------=_Part_112_13572941.1203325561361
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; name=unhandledeventloop.txt
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=unhandledeventloop.txt

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.getRoot(AbstractE ditPart.java:551)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.getViewer(Abstrac tEditPart.java:601)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.unregist erVisuals(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:814)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.unregister(Abstra ctEditPart.java:1041)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.removeNotify(Abst ractEditPart.java:874)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.removeNo tify(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:724)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.removeChild(Abstr actEditPart.java:811)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.refreshChildren(A bstractEditPart.java:735)
at servicespecificator.editors.editorbase.parts.pane.AbstractDi agramEditPart.onDelete(AbstractDiagramEditPart.java:208)
at servicespecificator.editors.ontologyeditor.parts.pane.Diagra mEditPart.propertyChange(DiagramEditPart.java:101)
at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
at de.upb.tools.fca.FPropHashSet.firePropertyChange(FPropHashSe t.java:296)
at de.upb.tools.fca.FPropHashSet.remove(FPropHashSet.java:218)
at ehome.base.model.generated.FunctionRoot.removeFromFunctions( FunctionRoot.java:173)
at ehome.base.model.generated.Function.setFunctionRoot(Function .java:183)
at ehome.base.model.generated.Function.removeYou(Function.java: 528)
at servicespecificator.model.DiagramModel.onDelete(DiagramModel .java:160)
at servicespecificator.editors.editorbase.controller.commands.D eleteObjectCommand.deleteInstances(DeleteObjectCommand.java: 100)
at servicespecificator.editors.editorbase.controller.commands.D eleteObjectCommand.execute(DeleteObjectCommand.java:50)
at org.eclipse.gef.commands.CompoundCommand.execute(CompoundCom mand.java:107)
at org.eclipse.gef.commands.CommandStack.execute(CommandStack.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.gef.ui.actions.WorkbenchPartAction.execute(Workb enchPartAction.java:76)
at org.eclipse.gef.ui.actions.DeleteAction.run(DeleteAction.jav a:125)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498 )
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidget Selection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Act ionContributionItem.java:490)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEven t(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:3682)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3293)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2389)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:22 19)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:289)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:461)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:106)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:169)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:363)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:176)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 508)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)

------=_Part_112_13572941.1203325561361--
Re: Unhandled event loop [message #241571 is a reply to message #241544] Wed, 20 February 2008 11:41 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ralffrotscher.web.de

I solved the problem.

The deletion of an object in view B caused that the method selectionChanged(...) in the editor was called.

There I refreshed the diagram again. But that's the reason for the event loop. Now I don't try to refresh the diagram twice on deletion and it works.
Previous Topic:How do I remove all node from a Zest Graph?
Next Topic:Is it possible to format connection labels?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:41:56 GMT 2024