Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [SOLVED] Validation errors when trying to launch Eclipse Application
[SOLVED] Validation errors when trying to launch Eclipse Application [message #1375612] Fri, 23 May 2014 04:27 Go to next message
Gary Worsham is currently offline Gary WorshamFriend
Here's my little problem:

I had been using Eclipse Kepler DSL package, with Xtext and Xtend support, on my Windows laptop. I backed everything (all source anyway) up to "the cloud" using SVN. However I didn't back up any support libraries.

Now my Windows laptop is dying some sort of hard drive death and I'm trying to recreate everything on Mint Linux. I've checked out all my code from SVN and my source explorer window looks the way I expect it to.

Eclipse seems to work OK. I can generate my two language infrastructures that are part of my project, so I know that Xtext and Xtend are working OK. But when I try to launch the new Eclipse application, I am getting the following validation errors.

I don't have the slightest idea what to do about it. Please help if you can. A hint. Anything! Many thanks.

index.php/fa/18128/0/

[Updated on: Sat, 24 May 2014 04:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validation errors when trying to launch Eclipse Application [message #1375671 is a reply to message #1375612] Fri, 23 May 2014 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi the error is that your Plugin respectively its dependencies Miss
some transitive dependencies ( either they are not there or in
different version or - depending on how you start the stuff - product
based or plugin based - you did not select all required plugins

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Validation errors when trying to launch Eclipse Application [message #1376517 is a reply to message #1375671] Fri, 23 May 2014 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian, thanks for your response. I'm not at my development system right now, but I searched based on your clues and found this help topic:

http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2Fguide%2Ftools%2Feditors%2Fmanifest_editor%2Fdependencies.htm

which I will check out and try later tonight. This project is something I work on in my spare time for fun and as a result I often forget what I did or how I got to a certain place.

So here's another question - clearly my backup strategy did not back up the files which told Eclipse what my plugin dependencies were. What is that file? My project contains 2 DSLs (Xtext/Xtend) and so there are 8 source sections, multiple MANIFEST.MF files, etc.

GW

[Updated on: Fri, 23 May 2014 13:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validation errors when trying to launch Eclipse Application [message #1378087 is a reply to message #1376517] Sat, 24 May 2014 04:37 Go to previous message
The issue is unfolding... slowly... so I had to go into "Run Configurations" and change the setting

index.php/fa/18137/0/

to:

index.php/fa/18138/0/

This at least allowed the 2nd Eclipse instance to launch.

Once there, I found that all of the external Jars I had added to the build path were not found since the project was expecting them to be in their original Windows system path. So I re-added all of them giving the Linux system path and deleted the old ones. Not a huge problem but it would be nice if the path to external JARs could be relative to the source.

Now my plugins "sort of" work, although there is some confusion about the package name for generated source vs. the filename of the compilation unit itself. But I will start a new thread for that.
Previous Topic:Passing config from maven to xtext generator
Next Topic:difference in IFileSystemAccess.generateFile between Linux and Windows????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:59:53 GMT 2024