Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Request Object
Request Object [message #240065] Tue, 04 December 2007 01:11
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ptat004.ec.auckland.ac.nz

Hi there

I am currently working on a GEF project, created by "Someone else!!" and I am trying to trace this bug, of whenever, it is that I click on a new shape to add on my diagram, from the palette, say that I try to specify that the shape should be drawn in the region to which I have scrolled to (i.e. a location outside the default editing space shown to me by the editor, when I first created the diagram), it simply does not do this and instead draws the shape back into the original region. Basically, what I suspect is that the editor is not taking into account that I have scrolled the diagram (say in the x direction). When I tried this in debug, I realized that my shapeCreationCommand was recieving a request object, with the wrong coordinates in it, so basically my question is does anyone know what the problem is? i.e. what creates a request object etc? and also what tells GEF where to get this information from.

Any info would be really useful, as I am a newbie and dont have much experience with this sort of thing

Thank you :)
Previous Topic:Multiple connection tools in the palette
Next Topic:WireEditPart & performRequest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 18:14:06 GMT 2024